piercing placement seems a bit low

Concerned? Do you want someone to have a look at your stretched ear? Post a picture here

Moderator: Tom

Forum rules
BE NICE & NO SPAM

by skjeletter » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:41 pm

I got my ears pierced at claire's back in the 2nd or 3rd grade so they're about 11 years old. Does it seem too low on my ear lobe? I have yet to start stretching, but over the course of several years I'd love to get up to 1". Will this look okay or will I have to get them repositioned? Would it be better to get them re-pierced at a higher gauge now? Or is it fine? Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!
i have: 16g lobes, 12g nipples, 14g vertical labret, 18g left nostril, and two tattoos

i want: 1" lobes, navel, VCH, and many, many more tattoos in due time
skjeletter

by DncGvnDnc » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:50 am

Hello,

Lots of people say piercing guns are a no no because it pushes the the tissue inside your ear to the outside and may cause possible blowouts and what not. They would highly recommend getting it pierced the "proper" way by a professional using a hollow needle to remove the tissue completely; however I got mine pierced at Claire's and I have perfectly healthy lobes and proud of it never ripped, skipped any sizes, or had a blowout.

The placement does look a little low for going up to an inch. I would get it repierced at a bigger gauge, but that's just me.
DncGvnDnc

by skjeletter » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:28 am

Thank you so much for your response! You clarified what I was thinking. I think I'll go ahead and get them re pierced at a higher gauge. Do you think it'd be better to get a smaller gauge and stretch up or just get them pierced at 8g to punch out the old scar tissue?
i have: 16g lobes, 12g nipples, 14g vertical labret, 18g left nostril, and two tattoos

skjeletter

by FredZ89 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 pm

I got mine pierced at 6g and stretched to 4g right after the piercing (it does hurt like hell for a few minutes). You have to keep in mind that your ears will have a 6g hole in them, so they will never shrink past that.

If you're like me and don't mind about it, I'd say do it. But that's just me.

However, I would suggest you wait a good 2-3 months before stretching again after getting pierced (be it at 8g or just repierced correctly). You need to let the fresh piercing heal before stretching again.
I have 7/16" lobes (Reached my goal size)

Also have front arm tattoo.
FredZ89

by DncGvnDnc » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:51 am

Your welcome. It all depends on what you want, I would just get it punched at 8g and I would wait like 6months to a year to start stretching to be safe you know.
DncGvnDnc

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Dermal punches aren't for lobes unless you have a REALLY serious scar tissue problem. Punches remove tissue that you'll need later. Large-gauge piercings are a much better option because they don't remove any tissue.

And yeah, definitely wait at least 6 months after getting pierced before you start stretching. Good luck!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ViolentJayne » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:49 pm

a lil off the subject but does anyone know if you can pierce out scar tissue and let it heal up directly after so you have no hole and no scar tissue ?

I have an old 3rd 4th and 5th hole on my left ear , I tried to close them up cause they were at odd angles and to close together .I can no longer get jewelry thru them but they fill up with white blood cells and I sometimes have to squeeze them like a pimple .. I dont need the piercings back but Id like the scared fistula thing gone if possible .....

sorry for the off the subjectness lol
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by ast.riske » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Jayne: You could talk to your piercer and see if they do suturing of old holes. I have read several stories of people having old holes scalpeled a bit and then sutured shut. The healing process is quite quick and can leave little to no scarring depending on how good your piercer is with a needle and thread. : )

On topic: The hollow needles used for piercing do not remove any tissue. They actually cut a crescent-shaped hole and push the skin into a round shape. The needles are just large gauge hypodermic needles. The only tools used to remove tissue are scalpels and dermal/biopsy punches. Unless it's absolutely critical, removing tissue from the lobe is not a good idea. You need all the tissue you can get if you are going to stretch. The thinner your lobes start the thinner they will stay (As Lindsay said). Sadly there is not much promise you can grow tissue to replace any that was cut away.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by skjeletter » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks for all the advice! Generally, do you think it would be worth it to get my ears re pierced higher up on my lobe before stretching? Or would it work to stretch where they currently are?

skjeletter

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:03 am

If you want to get up to 1" you might want to get them pierced in a better position. If you were staying at a small size I think they'd be okay but you'll need more room for an inch.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to Visual Help