Is my placement OK?

Concerned? Do you want someone to have a look at your stretched ear? Post a picture here

Moderator: Tom

Forum rules
BE NICE & NO SPAM

by Shimmer » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi and thanks for looking. I had been considering stretching for a few years and yesterday decided to take the first plunge by getting my other ear pierced. I was just wondering if either of my holes are placed too close to the outside of my ear, my main concern being my left ear which i got when i was 8 (10 years ago). In case methods matter, I am planning on using tapers and at this moment and to go up to a max of 00g (As time goes I may change my mind and go larger)

Left ear

Right ear

Thanks for looking and for any help that you can give. Also I apologize for the bad angles and lighting. Taking closeups of your ears inst exactly an easy feat
Shimmer

by goatsonaboat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:22 am

top one looks maybe bit lower?
Piercings;
11/16", 18mm left ear,

i want alot of tattoos, tongue pierced, nose idk really
goatsonaboat

by ViolentJayne » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:18 pm

yeah I think the top pic it looks a lil lower to me too
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by Shimmer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:35 pm

Sorry about the late reply, but thanks for both of you replying to my thread. If I was to get it repierced, at what gauge do you recommend I get it at? I was thinking about 12g, but If I ever decide to get ride of them, ill have 2mm holes left in my ear, which in my mind is a little unappealing. The reason for the repiercing is to try to get them more centered than my current holes. I have recently removed my right earing and its slowly healing over so right now all that would be a problem is my left hole (first picture).
Shimmer

by ast.riske » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:41 am

Believe it or not, a 2mm hole in your lobe will basically be indistinguishable from a 1mm (18g) to the casual observer. My ears were pierced at 10g and, when I finally took my initial jewelry out, my ears just looked as if they were pierced normally.

I think, unless you decide to go with a fairly large size, people won't be able to tell. That said, if you are planning on stretching at all, you should make certain you're okay with a permanent modification because there is no guarantee the holes will close at all. Each person is different, so keep that in mind when you hear stories of people's ears closing up.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by mothafuckerjones » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:42 pm

the top one isnt that good it should be up and over more towards the side of ur head
mothafuckerjones

Return to Visual Help