Is my placement ok? Pictures.

Concerned? Do you want someone to have a look at your stretched ear? Post a picture here

Moderator: Tom

Forum rules
BE NICE & NO SPAM

by _all_is_well_ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:03 pm

I'm worried they are to close to my head, and that I will end up with too much skin on the outside leaving my ears weird and puffy :(

My goal size is a zero and I would like them to end up looking something like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stitchasaurus/4384768627/ (placement wise)

What should I do? If I go to a zero will the placement fix itself. I got them done at clairs (big mistake) when I was 12... 5 years ago I don't think they will ever close up.
_all_is_well_

by saply » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:46 am

the placement will probably be ok . what gauge are you now ? the holes look bigger than standard guns . have you started stretching already ? how do they look with plugs in .. ive always heard more skin on the outside is a good thing
saply

by _all_is_well_ » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:21 am

They are 12 gauge. I started stretching and it wasn't until I got to a 12 that I realized "Wow, these are super close to my head." haha. It is mainly the first picture (left ear) that worries me.

Will they appear more centered or will the holes be right by my head with lots of extra lobe?

When I stretch is the hole I have now going to be the center of a larger size plug?
_all_is_well_

by ast.riske » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Yeah, stretching, when done correctly enlarges the hole evenly, so the placement now will be representative of placement in the future. If you are going to 0g, you might be able to look into scalpelling now to adjust your placement outward just a bit. I would find a piercer you trust and see what they can tell you. I suspect they would open the hole about 1 mm or so, which, after all was said and done would put you around a 6g or 4g with a stretch to limit bleeding.

In short, if you are concerned about placement, I would strongly encourage you to talk to a professional. They can help you. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by _all_is_well_ » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Will my ears look nice if I continue stretching?

Won't my stretch have to redirect itself away from my head?
_all_is_well_

by ast.riske » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Honestly, your placement probably won't be a problem at 0g, but it may need redirecting if you are planning to go bigger. The best thing I can suggest is simply to talk to a pro and see if they have any suggestions for you.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by _all_is_well_ » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:46 am

I guess I will have talk to a professional. I'm only 17 so I was trying to avoid that... Because my mom would never approve of redirecting. She would approve of re piercing but probably;y not at 8 gauge.

There is no way I would ever go bigger than 0 gauge. So long as they are aesthetically pleasing I don't mind if the placement isn't perfect.

Does anyone think they will definitely look bad?
_all_is_well_

Return to Visual Help