Houston, we (may) have a problem...

Concerned? Do you want someone to have a look at your stretched ear? Post a picture here

Moderator: Tom

Forum rules
BE NICE & NO SPAM

by Big Chicken » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Hello all,

ok, would be grateful for your advice/thoughts on my latest stretching related saga...

Above my right lobe, I have little area which is a bit sore. It's not mega painful. It does look a bit odd though. It's like the surface layer of skin has pulled back a bit.

Here's a pic.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/earprob.jpg/

Kinda thinking of downsizing but really don't want to. If I 'ride' this out, is this something that will clear up? It doesnt look/feel like a blow out or anything (to me).

What do you guys think??

Cheers
Big Chicken

by Big Chicken » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:19 pm

I should point out also that I am putting a little bit of downward pressure on my tunnel just so it's a bit clearer. When the o-ring is on and stuff you can't really see it too much...
Big Chicken

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:52 pm

It does look sore. How fast have you been stretching?
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Big Chicken » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 pm

About 1mm per 4 weeks. Tried to be really careful :(
Big Chicken

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:43 pm

Is stretching ever painful? Are you forcing the next size in? You're going just a little bit too fast. 6-8 weeks is a better length of time to wait, and even then you have to be careful and make sure your ears are ready.
How long has that ear been pierced? Did you skip any small sizes?
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Big Chicken » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:09 pm

No, the tapers and plugs go in really easily. No pain that I can remember.

That ear was pierced at 3mm in march. I did my first stretch to 4mm in august. The current plug, 6mm, is still a little tight. I dont force it in but it doesn't go in that easily either.
I haven't skipped any sizes at all.
I wasn't gonna stretch again for a while but not sure what i should do for now really.
Big Chicken

by ast.riske » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:34 pm

It looks like a tear to me. It may have been stressed overnight, especially since you said your plugs feel a bit tight. Another possible cause could be I the edge of your tunnel caught your lobe and scratched it while going in.

If you ever have any inclination to downsize, you probably should. It takes the pressure off the skin, making healing faster and easier. Also, downsized fistulas seem to restretch easier. I'd say follow your gut. Erring on the side of caution hasn't hurt anything as far as I know. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by Big Chicken » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Well, I've still got the 6mm plug in. It has got a bit easier to get in and out this morning. I gave my lobes a bit of a massage with some palmers cocoa butter this morning before putting them in and that seems to have helped. It still looks like the photo, just less red. Was going to downsize, even went as far as getting my 5mm tunnel out and cleaning it etc but might see how things are at the end of today. Fingers crossed it will be ok...

Def. gonna wait a while before doing any more stretching though!
Big Chicken

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:08 pm

If you have a sore/irritated lobe you shouldn't be rubbing anything on it; massages are meant for healed lobes. I'd suggest some sea salt soaks.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by Big Chicken » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:57 pm

D'oh. Ok, thanks :)

Will try that...
Big Chicken

Return to Visual Help