blowout help please.

Concerned? Do you want someone to have a look at your stretched ear? Post a picture here

Moderator: Tom

Forum rules
BE NICE & NO SPAM

by drewballoon » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:21 am

so i was taping from 3/4 to 1''. my earlobes were getting all yucky and hurt but i kept stretching anyways. then finally one morning i woke up and realized i had blowouts in both ears. only downsized 2-3 layers of electrical tape. they both healed up and taped both to 1'', the size i want to stop at.
now my left lobe looks pretty normal, but i screwed up my right lobe.
looks like this with a plug in: http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd36 ... /sssss.jpg

now the thing i need help about is this: http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd36 ... hnhnhn.png

i circled it because i dont know the term for that part of my lobe lol. that part is a lotttt thinner than the rest of my lobe. and besides that part, my lobe is really wide.

what can i do to make it normal? and i dont wanna hear 'it should have never gotten like that, youre a dumbass, blah blah blah'. i already know that i made a mistake and now have an ugly and thin earlobe. i'm scared im gunna snag it on something and it will rip completely into two pieces. oh and i cant afford to go to a doctor about it.
advice please? :]
inch earlobes
4g tongue
14g snakebites
cartilage upper left ear
retired: septum
drewballoon

by twosharks » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:06 am

Take them out, now. Let them shrink as much as they want. Because yes, that's very thin, and if you keep going, or possible if you just stay where you are now, that part will keep getting thinner. That purple tone to the skin there? Really bad sign. Let your ears shrink a lot if you want to prevent your lobe snapping.
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

by drewballoon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:39 am

twosharks wrote:Take them out, now. Let them shrink as much as they want. Because yes, that's very thin, and if you keep going, or possible if you just stay where you are now, that part will keep getting thinner. That purple tone to the skin there? Really bad sign. Let your ears shrink a lot if you want to prevent your lobe snapping.

thanks. will i be able to stretch back up to inch though?
inch earlobes
4g tongue
14g snakebites
cartilage upper left ear
drewballoon

by StrickyCub » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:29 pm

drewballoon wrote:thanks. will i be able to stretch back up to inch though?

You might never be able to stretch back up to an inch safely, UNLESS you're willing to spend several years of taking care of your lobes, sleeping naked (your lobes that is), stretching then downsizing and doing oil massages to thicken up your ears.
If you take care of them, you will get back to 1inch in the future.
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by drewballoon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:57 pm

StrickyCub wrote:
drewballoon wrote:thanks. will i be able to stretch back up to inch though?

You might never be able to stretch back up to an inch safely, UNLESS you're willing to spend several years of taking care of your lobes, sleeping naked (your lobes that is), stretching then downsizing and doing oil massages to thicken up your ears.
If you take care of them, you will get back to 1inch in the future.

what kinds of oil? i've heard that jojoba and vitamin E oils are best. this true?
inch earlobes
4g tongue
14g snakebites
cartilage upper left ear
drewballoon

by StrickyCub » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:14 am

Yes, both jojoba oil and vitamin e oil are fine, so is emu oil.
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by Sliced_paper_wrists » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:19 pm

I did the same exact thing with the same size jump, 3/4 to 1 inch. I am still stretching and my ear is worse than yours! I'm at 1 & 1/4 inches. I use non adhesive pink bondage tape from Spencer and order steel double flares with a 5/16 wearable area. I take my time now. Here's a pic http://m1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... AG0011.jpg but you'll be able to go back to an inch. And if you let them heal they will still be flat once stretched out again. They way they are. Is the way they'll stay. Just take your time this time around before you do some serious damage!
1 inch & 3/8ths of an inch in both ears.
12 gauge in septum.
14 gauge snake bites(left & right side of lip).
10 gauge prince albert.
Sliced_paper_wrists

by twosharks » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:18 am

I would be terrified to wear jewelry in a piercing that thin. Once it's almost no tissue, there's a serious risk of any jewelry cutting off circulation to the lower part of the lobe, which likely doesn't have great blood flow as it is. No blood means your ear tissue goes necrotic, and puts you at risk of blood poisoning and severe infections in a spot very close to your brain while your earlobe flesh is literally dying. Honestly, if those were my lobes, I'd see what a year or more without jewelry could do to improve them.

Thinning easily leads to crap like this:
http://m260.photobucket.com/albumview/a ... b.jpg.html

(it's barfalicious, fair warning.)
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:01 pm

@sliced_paper_wrists is that your lobe now? if so, that worries me quite a bit. i wouldnt stretch them being so thin like that.

@drew balloon you look ok right now, but i would definately stop stretching for a bit and focus on fixing your lobes first
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by Dylan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:52 am

i would not worry too much its not even that thin lobes are never perfect at larger sizes, if you want to get rid of the blowout however downsize 2-3 sizes and oil massage for 6 months give or take :D!
Dylan

Next

Return to Visual Help