Worst infection ever :(

Ear stretching gone wrong - Pictures from around the web

Moderator: Tom

Forum rules
BE NICE & NO SPAM

by DJChildhood » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:57 am

This was a Over a year ago.
Thought I could 'win' this gore match haha

If you want to know what truly happened, throw me a private message and I'll let you know ;)
Sober date from drugs: 9/17/2008

Alcohol: 8/26/2010

current GA: 3/4ths retired :'(

# of tattoos: 3

half sleeves jacket
DJChildhood

by GenaLyn » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:10 am

Eww reminds me of my 6th ordinary ear stud which was pierced by a pro. I came away with my little bottle of natural cleaner (I use TCP antiseptic doing my own) the stuff from the piercer didn't clean tho I was doing it religiously and the ear got so infected I had to go to my GP for antibiotics and he couldn't even see a piercing stud in there. I couldn't either and as with the type of stud needing to hold the front to unclip the butterfly back there was no way.
I got drunk, like totally ratted and my bf at the time used some pliers and wire thru both sides of butterfly back to ease it apart and then push the stud out thru the front complete with horrendous pus and leaving a whopping hole in my ear. It was gross..... I think I just remembered why I never had anything else pierced after :roll:
Come on, what did YOU do then?
Gena :)
Lincolnshire Fenlands, England
GenaLyn

by DJChildhood » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:21 am

GenaLyn wrote:Eww reminds me of my 6th ordinary ear stud which was pierced by a pro. I came away with my little bottle of natural cleaner (I use TCP antiseptic doing my own) the stuff from the piercer didn't clean tho I was doing it religiously and the ear got so infected I had to go to my GP for antibiotics and he couldn't even see a piercing stud in there. I couldn't either and as with the type of stud needing to hold the front to unclip the butterfly back there was no way.
I got drunk, like totally ratted and my bf at the time used some pliers and wire thru both sides of butterfly back to ease it apart and then push the stud out thru the front complete with horrendous pus and leaving a whopping hole in my ear. It was gross..... I think I just remembered why I never had anything else pierced after :roll:

Well... I got incredibly sick.
had a temperature of like 102.2°F
went to the hospital,
Was in there for 5 days and 4 nights, got discharged after I was being pumped with steroids and antibiotics etc.
Then, a few days after I got discharged, they talked to my mom,
We were told that the infection was a 3rd type of herpes in my ear lobes.
Its non reoccurring, it can't be passed onto others, but I'm a carrier of it. Its really weird haha
Sober date from drugs: 9/17/2008

Alcohol: 8/26/2010

current GA: 3/4ths retired :'(

# of tattoos: 3

half sleeves jacket
DJChildhood

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Ouch! I'm glad you got it sorted out and are okay.

GenaLyn wrote:Eww reminds me of my 6th ordinary ear stud which was pierced by a pro. I came away with my little bottle of natural cleaner (I use TCP antiseptic doing my own) the stuff from the piercer didn't clean tho I was doing it religiously and the ear got so infected I had to go to my GP for antibiotics and he couldn't even see a piercing stud in there. I couldn't either and as with the type of stud needing to hold the front to unclip the butterfly back there was no way.

The people who use guns and butterfly back studs aren't pros... don't let that put you off getting piercings. If you go to a good, experienced piercer and follow proper aftercare it's very unlikely you'll have any of those problems. :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Gone Wrong