Sowing the procceses off my stretching.

All the dudes with stretched ears

Moderator: Tom

Forum rules
BE NICE & NO SPAM

by leighmarie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:08 am

TheGreyEyedMonster wrote:i sometimes feel like we are wasting our breath.

Agreed.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by Nic » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Well oh wise one. I was warning him about stretching to fast. Maybe u should read thru the thread before posting huh?
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:36 pm

i have read through the posts completely, both this one and others. if you would read you'd see that he said on his other post he went from a standard ear piercing to a 6g to a 00g. we told him this was a very bad way to stretch and he said, quote, "why not, it wasn't that bad." you need to follow your own advice. we're the ones trying to help and when we offer advice and information you come one here and bitch that what we say isn't necessary and overly cautious. that may be the case but why offer not-as-good advice because 'it usually ends up ok'? we're just trying to put out proper advice for stretching and healing.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:39 am

krazer9 wrote:Well tbf, i just put the earing straight through, i did sterilise it first tho.

Unless you have an autoclave and used that, it wasn't sterile. Boiling, soaking in alcohol, fire, etc. doesn't sterilize anything.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by StrickyCub » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:50 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:
krazer9 wrote:Well tbf, i just put the earing straight through, i did sterilise it first tho.

Unless you have an autoclave and used that, it wasn't sterile. Boiling, soaking in alcohol, fire, etc. doesn't sterilize anything.

Wrong. Boiling piercing tools in a pot of water on the stove for at least 10 minutes is sufficient to sterilize it for use in piercing, if you don't have an autoclave available.

This is how my fiance and I have done our "home done" piercings and we haven't gotten one single infection. And before you scold us for doing home piercings, she has done a course that qualifies her to do most piercings (it was mandatory in her Certificate III hairdressing course).

Also, just as many piercings get infected that have been done in a studio with equipment that was sterilized etc. It's 80% in how you take care of your piercing during it's healing.
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:09 am

exactly. im not so much concerned about the DIY job as i am about the fact that he is skipping so many sizes and not waiting a while between stretches.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:20 pm

Boiling is a lot better than alcohol or fire or something but it still doesn't kill EVERYTHING. And honestly a body piercing course at a hairdressing school is not going to be the most reliable thing in the world; to be a qualified body piercer you need an apprenticeship of about a year or so.
I'm not saying you WILL get an infection if all you do is boil the jewelry, just that people think they're completely sterilizing something and they're really not. Plus I'm sure the OP probably didn't wear gloves or anything so that just adds to the contamination.

I can't believe I'm the only one who thinks shoving an unsterilized earring through your ear is a bad idea....
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Nic » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:22 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:
I can't believe I'm the only one who thinks shoving an unsterilized earring through your ear is a bad idea....

Lol trust me, i personally would never do that, but whats done is done, nothin left to do but tell him how to take care of it safely
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by StrickyCub » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:01 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:I can't believe I'm the only one who thinks shoving an unsterilized earring through your ear is a bad idea....

I didn't say it wasn't a bad idea, I just think as long as you take every single precaution possible when doing it yourself, then there is no harm in trying.
Same thing with tattoos, I know people who got them done in professional studios who use Single use and Autoclaved tools that are completely sterile, and yet the person still ended up getting an infection that they had to take antibiotics for.
All because they didn't do the proper aftercare.

But each to their own, and as long as you know the risks you're taking and accept them, at least it shows you're not a complete ignoramus. Just stubborn ;)
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by krazer9 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:17 pm

I havn't been on for ages tbf. Internets been down BUT

I got two tunnels now (:
No pain, no gain.