Introduction and a picture

All the dudes with stretched ears

Moderator: Tom

Forum rules
BE NICE & NO SPAM

by CliftonGK1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:12 am

New to the forums, thought I'd introduce myself and post a pic.

I had things at one point up to 0.5" and then gauged down when interviewing for a fairly conservative company. When I left that company I didn't gauge back up because the biotech industry in the midwest still isn't too hip on that sort of thing.

Moving out to the PNW, that changed, as did my industry. Now I work in the exercise and fitness industry and hardly anyone bats an eye at full sleeve tattoos or a pair of gauges.

I was back up to 0.5" pretty quick, and then I've slowly been rewarding myself for an ongoing personal goal (my sobriety) every milestone month with another millimeter or two. Just passing my 9 month mark, and working my way up another few millimeters towards 7/8".

Here's a pic from a party at my apartment complex, with me sporting my 3/4 stainless shinies. (Yes, those are really 3/4". I'm 6'6" tall and a shade under 210 pounds, so 3/4" doesn't really look that huge on me!)

(edit) had to crop the picture down because the message board chopped the original in half and only showed my buddy's head!
CliftonGK1

by CliftonGK1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:00 pm

My current collection of 3/4"

Moonstone teardrops

Jade teardrops

Black/pink silicone (matches my cyclocross team colours)

Orangey-red acrylic

Horn & Bone (this one is just under 3/4")

Hollow steelies

My "business ears". Fleshtone silicone solid plugs
CliftonGK1

by Mountains » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:36 pm

Welcome to the PNW!
It's awesome to see another mountain biker. Although I'm a gravity rider myself. Anyways.... Nice lobes :D
Image WASHINGTON
Currently at 14g. Goal size somewhere around 1/2"
Mountains

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Welcome to the forum! You have a nice collection of plugs and your lobes look really thick and healthy. Congrats on the sobriety, it's awesome that you're relating that to stretching!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by KAISERROLLS » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:02 am

Welcome to the forums, I used to live in Oregon then came to Michigan, and your right, total culture shock when it comes to this stuff.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by CliftonGK1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:01 am

New double flared Pyrex glass 7/8". Got a pair in clear and in red. Kinda bummed they didn't have more colours.

7/8" is my 1 year sober celebration. 8 more days to one year of clean living. I went up from a 19mm (3/4") to a 20mm without issue, then started taping my way up gradually with the heavy 20mm stainless until I was nearly at the edge of their flare. Going up to my 7/8" (22.2mm on my calipers) stainless tunnel was a still a bit on the large side and I started noticing the telltale flap of a blowout on my left ear, so I dropped back down to 21mm and went for a second go at it. With things healed and strengthened up, the second shot was successful and I can even get a double flare in without problems. :D

I even managed to find 7/8" black silicone with pink stars to match my bike racing team kit when I'm out on the course.

CliftonGK1

by CliftonGK1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:03 am

Grrrr.

Is there a way to resize pix with BBCode, or to have it frame up with scrolling? Or am I doomed to a life of my pix getting autocropped?
CliftonGK1

by ViolentJayne » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:49 pm

re size the photo to about 400 before you upload it , it should help
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by CliftonGK1 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Recently stepped things up to a 24mm.
This is the difficult part about being a Sasquatch; even being 1mm shy of 1-inch, I just don't think this *looks* all that big by comparison to my overall stature. Maybe it's just my perception since I've seen the slow progression over time.

CliftonGK1

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Looks good! You're not stretching with silicone though, are you? Also you might wanna try taping at sizes that big, since most of the "official" sizes are 2-3mm apart, and you shouldn't really be stretching more than 1mm at a time. I've never liked taping but past a certain size it's a lot safer than potentially skipping sizes by accident.
I think that size looks good. It might not look as big as an inch does on some people but it still looks pretty big. I've had the same problem though... I'm a small person (I'm only 5'1) but I have fat lobes so sizes always look smaller on me. I put in 12mm tunnels yesterday and to me it looks like 0G does on other people. I'm thinking about going to 5/8" for that reason and because I'm starting to really like stone plugs which look so much better at big sizes. But at the same time a lot of the styles I like stop at 1/2"...
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to Dudes