My Pic

Girls with stretched ears..

Moderator: Tom

Forum rules
BE NICE & NO SPAM

by Hardware » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:05 am

Here is a recent photo of my scarification piece, I am very happy with it so far. Need to go back in to touch up the petal detail and a few of the tips a bit. :)

It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by NoHoleLobes » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:32 am

Hardware wrote:Here is a recent photo of my scarification piece, I am very happy with it so far. Need to go back in to touch up the petal detail and a few of the tips a bit. :)

thats too awsome, i didn't even know they do that. Did it hurt?
NoHoleLobes

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:01 am

That's really nice.
HiMyNameIsMegan

by Hardware » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:55 am

Oh they do it and it does hurt after the endorphins run out. I cannot stress how important it is to not try this at home. I did not do this myself, a modification artist did it in a clean and sterile environment. :)
Hardware

by stashapistachio » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Aw it does look great. Hows it healing/scarring?
What aftercare you going for? There seems to be six million methods D:

I've vounteered myself to be a electrocautery-ised. My piercers being taught and needs meat to be taught on, i.e me.
Imma gonna be branded a geek XD

Dunno how I'll heal though...
stashapistachio

by Hardware » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:52 am

Stash,
I kept it wrapped up with saran wrap and Vaseline for 10 days (huge pain in the ass). Washed it 2-3 times a day with anti-bacterial soap and water, followed by alcohol rubs. While cleaning I needed to agitate the area evenly to ensure even scaring, the aftercare required a lot of responsibility. After all, last thing you want is an infection. After 10 days the bandaging stopped, I needed to slap it and pick scabs (evenly). Basically the aftercare is the exact opposite of everything you do to heal a tattoo, LMAO!
Personally I'm happy I didn't get huge scars, my modification artist stayed rather shallow on the cutting. Being it was a lower appendage it took longer to heal, which was a good thing.
But yeah, I have seen some pretty crazy aftercare stuff online too. Some of it just makes me shake my head. You never want a cutting to heal too fast.

I hope to see pictures of your branding. Being a guinea pig is sucky and cool at the same time, lol! :)
Hardware

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:56 pm

What was your sorest face piercing? There all so lovely ^.^
HiMyNameIsMegan

by vdub » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:25 am

I could just google this, but I like conversation better; how exactly do they do the scarring? Is it like a wood carving blade or something?
vdub

by Hardware » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:41 am

vdub,
The beginning is very similar to tattooing (design and placement obviously settled) Placement is important to safety, if someone doesn't know what they are doing, well, you might end up in the emergency room.

Anyway, a stencil is placed on the skin just like how a tattoo is done. The modifications artist traces the design with a surgical (scalpel) blade. It's important for me to stress how important it is to know what you are doing.

Since my artist began offering this service, many copy cats in the area are now hard at work trying to keep up (with horrific consequences!). There has been a few people hospitalized by piercers who just picked up a scalpel and took a shot at it. :/
Hardware

by StrickyCub » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:03 am

Hardware, that's horrible :-\
I couldn't imagine getting pierced or tattooed by someone that wasn't qualified/trained to do it, and yet they think they can cut layers of peoples flesh out without any?

I hope the people that are doing scarification without any training and are sending people to hospital, get sued or something.
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

PreviousNext

Return to Chics