16g and my cartilage piercing

Girls with stretched ears..

Moderator: Tom

Forum rules
BE NICE & NO SPAM

by -burt0n » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:18 am

16g lobe and my cartilage~

i just got the cartilage done about a week ago and it still hurts to move. if you have yours pierced how long was it before it didn't hurt anymore and you could sleep on it?
-burt0n

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:06 am

Any type of cartilage piercing can take a year or more to fully heal. I've had two helix/ear rim piercings for over two years and I still can't really sleep on them and they're really not even totally healed. I think that's mainly because of jewelry that didn't fit correctly, though. Speaking of jewelry, you might want to get a labret stud in there instead of a ring so you'll have less movement. I'd highly recommend labrets made out of bioplast, which is a flexible plastic that's safe for long-term wear.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by -burt0n » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:37 pm

yes, i was thinking about getting a stud put in. they said they could put it in for me in a couple months. thanks for the information!
-burt0n

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:05 pm

yes, mine got a nasty infection on the backside of my cartilage that my mother had to lance out (she's a nurse). got it done with a gun on a claires kiosk x.X won't make that mistake again. didnt wear jewlery in it for months and when i put in jewelry for the first time after that i was amazed i still had a hole there.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by ViolentJayne » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:55 pm

I also had 2 cartilage piercings for over a year and they never did feel healed , then they got snagged rough housing with a friend and I took them out within a few hours I tried to put new jewelry and they had already closed .....cartilage can be tricky , I agree with corazon about the lebret studs .. I wear them in my 2nd holes and they are very comfey
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

Return to Chics