Help! Can't get in next gauge!

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Macintoshx11 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:00 am

I am having a minor difficulty.

I am stretching from a 8g to a 6g. I bought some KY Jelly, took my time, and the 6g taper went right on in! No pain at all. However, the gauges I purchased today have a slight flare on the edges. [[meaning, they are 6g in the center, but 5g on the ends.]]

The 6g went right in with zero pain or discomfort, but for the life of me I can't get in the actual plug and I don't want to force it in. What do I do?
Macintoshx11

by Tom » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:59 pm

This exact thing happened to me! I tried for an hour to get the plug in but it was not going.. I had to take the new plugs out and put my old ones back in and then slowly stretch those with elc tape to get the double flares in. Double flares are tricky b/c you need to stretch a size up basically to get to them in.
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:02 am

This is why you're never supposed to stretch with double-flared plugs... just get some single-flare 6G jewelry and use that. Double-flared jewelry is meant for healed lobes that are loosened up enough to put them in.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by skylorlambert » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:28 pm

I've always stretched with double flares, and yes they are a pain to get in. I would just say go with the single flares, you would have better luck with those then you would with the double flares. And then once at the size you want, get a pair of double flares, when you have been that size for a while.
Currently Stretched At: 1-1/8in
Others: Snakebites, and both conchs.
Websites: Blog, Photography, Twitter, Facebook.
skylorlambert

by dave » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:22 pm

first.....ditch the ky jelly. use some jojoba oil or emu oil.

i would recommend streching in the shower. make sure the water is really hot. to where you almost cant stand it, because heat makes you skin expand. when i first started streching, i used double flared stuff all the time. i just recently started using single flared plugs.
if you have any qustions on streching, PM me and i will help you out.

also, i know of a site that has dirt cheap, good quality plugs.

hit me up.
dave

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion