Question about downsizing.

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Rob » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:01 am

I got my left ear pierced a little below the center of my lobe or maybe I stretched too fast but the bottom of my left lobe is thinner than the rest of my ear. It's really not that big of a deal because it's hardly noticeable but it really bothers me xP. So my question is: Does downsizing thicken the thinner parts more or does it thicken the whole lobe evenly? I was thinking about it to myself and it just seems that since it's thinner there it would shrink more than the rest of the lobe since it's weaker and maybe that would thicken that spot specifically more. Or is there any other method to thicken a specific portion of the lobe? I would get it re-pierced but I'm at 1/2 inch already so that's out. Any help is appreciated. =3
Rob

by Slags » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:37 am

Hmmm...I never really thought about that. I would assume though that the ear would thicken evenly. But who knows. Try going down a size and doing massages. After awhile size back up. That is what most people recommend for trying to thicken their lobes.

Good luck. Hope this helps somewhat.
18g Tragus
6g Lobes
2g Goal Size
3 tattoos
You don't work you don't eat. You don't grind you don't shine.
Slags

by twosharks » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:49 am

Well, kinda both. Downsizing gives the weaker parts time to get stronger, and so it stretches more evenly the next time. Less on the bottom and more on top and sides, hopefully. But it also builds up more collagen in the piercing, so it hopefully adds a little thickness to the entire piercing as well as reducing the thin spots.
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion