Acrylic Tapers and plugs

Discuss all things ear stretching

by NightAngel96 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:21 am

I ordered acrylic tapers and plugs and its my first time even stretching, i know i'm suppose to use some sort of steel but they're expensive and i can't afford them right now. Will i be find with the acrylics if i do sea salt soaks and keep them really clean
NightAngel96

by marccc » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:54 pm

different people react with different materials. i started of with acrilic and i was fine. just keep them moistorized and clean them daily. also dont size up too fast. im pretty new at stretching to, i started in late may and im already at a 7/16. people tell me i went to fast and i know i did my ears got infected a couple times but there okay so far. just do what you can because i can understand how expensive jewlery can get. just keep clean and do what your ears can handle! but also listen to some other people because they probably know more

hope this helped :)
lobes at: 11mm (goal size 1/2)
wants: 4g conch on both ears, 14 g septum or snakebites, lots of tattoos
marccc

by beka_2013 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:19 pm

Hi NightAngel,

you know, I would check the mall for plugs.

(hear me out everyone before you cut me down...)

I found a pair of metal plugs at Spensers in my mall for only $10, and I bet that piercing pagoda place might have something if you don't have the money to buy an expensive pair online.

I used acrylic until I got my metal plugs and i didn't have any problems. Now I'm not saying "monkey see monkey do" But I don't see why you can't use them as long as you take care of your ear like a newborn baby. Serious caring and cleaning. Of course you should start saving for a nice pair, but anyways good luck! :)

P.S. sea salt soaks are a must. Also soak the jewelery in the salt to get rid of bacteria since plastic is good at hosting germs.
(thanks for that tip Hardware if you read this! :) )
Hey, Beka here.
piercings:
have/had -- 8g's but back to a 10g (got a small tear when moving to 6g's)
want: 2g (first goal) & a triple corkscrew/spiral piercing,labret not to mention $$$ for my first tattoo, full side piece.
beka_2013

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion