healing troubles. help appreciated.

Discuss all things ear stretching

by antwon » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:02 am

i started stretching with a 2mm and went up one size at a time, when they didnt hurt anymore. But this time I have just recently went from a 4mm to a 6mm, and it wasnt that difficult to get it, it just hurt a bit, and later that day i found a bit of dry blood. Tomorow i have to take it out for school, and every other day. Its gonna hurt when i get it back in and take forever to heal. I havent ever had a blowout and i dont have one now. I know its silly to have a stretcher when i have to take it out everyday. i would like to know what is the best way to make it heal quickly and stop it hurting? I usually just clean it with detol..

Thank you guys :) i would love it if you could help me!
antwon

by leighmarie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:08 am

Firstly, stop using Detol. I'd suggest Sea Salt Soaks.

Secondly, you're skipping sizes. You can buy 5mm, 7mm, 9mm, 11mm, ect.
Also, your lobes shouldn't really "hurt" and stretching just when it stops doesn't mean that they're healed enough to stretch. You should leave about six weeks to two months between sizes.

And thirdly, I wouldn't really suggest taking the jewellery in and out of a fresh stretch, it could cause damage or aggravate your lobes. It would be better if you could get a solid plug as people tend to notice them far less than tunnels.

Hope that's helpful.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by antwon » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:46 pm

thanks.
I did gain some knowledge out of that. i will stretch slower and wait untill they are fully healed. quick question, do i keep the stretcher in when soaking and how often should i soak them?
14 years old.
Had 8 piercings in total,
most were self pierced.
Currently have: evebrow, helix, and 2g stretcher (6mm)
antwon

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:22 pm

leave them in while soaking in a fresh stretch, so your ears dont get irritated unnecessarily. if you feel like you arent adequately soaking them than soak a cotton ball or q tip and clean around the jewelry. after they heal up you can just take the jewelry out to soak.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion