New stretch cleaning help?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by bradders55 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:07 pm

To clean my ear.. should i remove my plug? even after a brand new stretch?
-Scaffolding, helix x2, 4g lobee left eaar-
bradders55

by Nic » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:43 pm

dont remove ur plug after a fresh stretch. Let it sit for at least a week before taking it out. Its ok to do sea salt soaks tho, but dont take out ur plug. Ur ear needs time to heal at that size. gud luck an happy stretching =D
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:58 pm

It depends. If your ear is sore and crusty (which it really shouldn't be if you took your time with stretching), don't take the plugs out because they could get irritated. If not, you should be fine to take the plugs out. Honestly I've never done sea salt soaks or anything on my stretches; if you stretch slowly you won't have any open wounds to heal. Sometimes at smaller sizes when I got a lot more "ear cheese" I'd take them out and wash my ears and the plugs with unscented antibacterial soap but then I'd do an oil massage so they wouldn't get dried out.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion