Favorite ways?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by tatgirly » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Whats everyones favorite way to stretch their ears? Using tapers/ tape wrap/ weights/ or any other method?

I'm new to stretching my ears but I like tapering but it can be a little expensive... what does everybody think?
tatgirly

by skylorlambert » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:22 pm

Well I always bought my plugs and just pushed them in, but I have tapered about once or twice. I think the best way to do it is tapering, but don't leave the taper in once you have done so (This could cause problems later on). You want to take the taper, push it through and follow it up with a plug so that way you won't have any size changes or difference in the size of your hole, which you could have when you just leave a taper in. It's all up to you how you do this process, but I just prefer taking the plug and pushing it in. Now taping is another good method, if you are looking to go about the cheap way and save some cash. All you have to do is take your plug that you have in now and tape it up till the size you want, then put in the plug that is that size. I personally haven't done this method, but I have friends that have and they say that it works very well! I wish you best of luck, and happy stretching!
Currently Stretched At: 1-1/8in
Others: Snakebites, and both conchs.
Websites: Blog, Photography, Twitter, Facebook.
skylorlambert

by Tom » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Ive always used tapers when i was at the smaller sizes, now i just push them in, like sky said. But if i was going a lot bigger i would taper it.
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by luv2bdifrent » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:30 pm

I used to just put tape around my old jewelry until I was at the next size... however now there is new studies about leaking bad stuff into your ears cuz of the electrical tape so I dunno if thats the best advice. However, I've never had trouble with this method. It doesn't hurt and it doesn't cost a $hit load of money.

Hope that helps
luv2bdifrent

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion