Keloid? Scar Tissue? What is this?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Bean » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:25 pm

This is my first post here, so definitely let me know if I posted this in the wrong place! But I've been stretching my ears over the course of the last 4 years and I finally got to around 41mm, planning to go to 50mm however my left ear has this hard, solidified mass of what I'm thinking is built up scar tissue. I started stretching when I was 14 and let's be real when I was young I did NOT know what I was doing :lol: I did barely any research, I bought a kit from hot topic and I had no idea tapers were to just guide the jewelry into place and isn't a tool to stretch. So fast forward to when I turned 16 I learned about taping and dead stretching, which is how I've been doing it since. My right lobe is perfectly fine but it has the same thing but like a whole lot smaller, doesn't push my jewelry out and is much less noticeable. I've tried everything from hemorrhoid creams, Cortizone, Aquaphor, Emu Oil, etc. And I just sized my left ear back down to 38mm to try and massage a Silicone scar gel with Vitamin E oil to get it to soften and possibly go back into my ear after talking to a pharmacist. Obviously I don't expect results over night. Note, I had quite a few blowouts when I used the tapers so it could be from that. If anyone knows what this is, or how to to properly get rid of it without going to the dermatologist (however I will if I have to) please do let me know because I'm incredibly lost on what else I could do.
Bean

by clawdeeuh » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:56 pm

With the little information I know, it sounds like it could be scar tissue from your blowouts. But in the end, it's going to be worth it to go see a professional about it if it's still causing you trouble. Your current ear lobes are gonna be the ones you have forever. You mentioned Vitamin E oil which is great but for different reasons: it helps with elasticity and strength in your ear lobe. I normally apply it for a few weeks before a stretch or to put in saddle plugs. I hope everything works out for you!
clawdeeuh

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion