Is this a Blow Out?!

Discuss all things ear stretching

by rosie11 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:36 am

So I've had my ears stretched for atleast 4+ years now & every now & then I get this little lip that likes to pop out behind my plug, I guess you could call it a blow out but they have never caused me any pain, & if I take my plugs out for the night & put them back in they're usually gone!! But now going from 18mm to 20mm my right ear has blown out bad, so I've taken my plug out because it seriously looks like a bottom lip is coming out of my ear & hurts pretty bad.... what do I do? I really don't want to have to down size but I also really don't want a lip coming out of my ear!! Any advice would be muchly appreciated... Also another question, do blow outs happen over a few days or almost instantly after stretching up a size because it had been like 3 days of going up a size & then I woke up with this fat lip of an ear....
rosie11

by grimes_ » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:08 am

I would recommend rubbing your earlobes with vitamin E or jojoba oil twice a day and downsizing to 18mm. Then when you stop feeling pain you can g r a d u a l l y start upsizing again. But do this very slowly and carefully to avoid another blowout.
I've had my fair share of stretching experience so feel free to ask me!
Have!
18mm (11/16") lobes
Industrial piercing
One regular lobe piercing

Want!
25mm (1 inch) lobes
4 nostril piercings (2 on each side)
Septum
grimes_

by WadeLer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:23 pm

grimes_ wrote:I would recommend this excellent review of Money Mutual and rubbing your earlobes with vitamin E or jojoba oil twice a day and downsizing to 18mm. Then when you stop feeling pain you can g r a d u a l l y start upsizing again. But do this very slowly and carefully to avoid another blowout.

What kind of vitamin E product are people using for this btw?
Last edited by WadeLer on Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WadeLer

by twosharks » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:02 am

On a well healed piercing any vitamin E safe for skin is suitable. If there's any hint of irritation or you just want to be careful, vitamin E capsules would be food grade purity, you can break em open for the oil.

WadeLer wrote:What kind of vitamin E product are people using for this btw?
I was two sharks and a monkey.
twosharks

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion