Earlobe splitting where it meets face!? Please help!

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Joey_dangerously » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:50 am

So I've had stretched earlobes since 2000. Stretched up to 50 millimeters back in 2008 and recently on a whim went up to 54 millimeters in October of 2016. Had no problems until the end of December. What started as a tiny crack in the bottom of my earlobe where my earlobe meets my face/neck has turned into a huge width yet shallow depth hole on the back of my ear. It is all dark red and gently oozing blood, and now the crack / hole is visible at the very edge of the joint of my earlobe where the back of my ear meets the front.

This all started where the edge of the flare of my double flared tunnels touches my ear, so I assumed that by bandaging that area to stop the flange from touching it would make it heal and feel better. While it doesn't hurt when it's bandaged, the wound itself seems to be getting worse! I tried to find 54 mm silicone tunnels in the hope that would help, but I can't find any anywhere. I was hoping someone in the scene would have some advice on how to heal this that doesn't involve seeing a doctor or taking out my earring and letting it heal that way. As the lobe would drastically shrink in size and ain't nobody got time for that. Please help!

Currently I am cleaning the wound once daily with hydrogen peroxide and bandaging with clean cloth gauze padded with a thin layer of antibiotic ointment and affixed with medical tape.
Joey_dangerously

by zalakii » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:37 pm

I don't know how else to help. What you're doing seems fine.
I found some 54mm ssilicone tunnels, and I'm not sure if they're the right size, but-- https://www.kingsbodyjewelry.com/2and18inch54mm.aspx
My name is Jaedyn!
I know a lot about stretching and will be glad to answer any questions asked!

Have
10mm (00g) lobes
Upper lobes
16g Helix

Had
Left nostril

Want
14g Spider bites
Rook
My cat's paw

~zalakii

zalakii

by Joey_dangerously » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:29 pm

I have found 54mm silicone tunnels, but the wearable area is much too small, and whenever I wear them my ears blow out in an attempt to swell over the very shallow flares and push the tunnel out. I have contacted several retailers regarding silicone tunnels with a bigger wearable area, and have received no's across the board. I dealt with the near constant blowout situation long enough for the wound mentioned above to heal, and am back to the stainless steel. I take great pains not to sleep on that side of body, and also go so far as to flip the ring upwards and bond it that way with string at night so the flare doesn't dig into that spot while sleeping, and that has abated the issue for the most part.
Joey_dangerously

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion