The ever shrinking hole :/

Discuss all things ear stretching

by RadMom » Mon May 16, 2016 7:07 pm

So I've stretched my lobes out to a 00g. Originally I stopped at 0g and bought a pair of wood plugs; once my lobes were healed I tried to insert the plugs and the flared end of it made it very difficult but I eventually got it though. Two days later my lobes were very tender, swollen, and hot to the touch. I pulled the wood plugs out and my ears were bleeding like a stuck pig. Cleaned up the mess and put my stainless steel 0g tunnels in and let them heal. I found out I needed to stretch my ears to the next size up to fit the flared ends of the plugs. Stretched up to a 00g, and now they are healed.

Now with my issue at hand..... All excited I can wear my wood plugs and they slipped right in. There is lots a play of course because they are a size small than my lobe. The first day I wore them for about 8 hours and went to put my stainless steel tunnels back in and low and behold my holes shrank. So I had to pull the tapers out and re-stretch them. This happens ever time now matter how short of time I wear them. :cry:

Is this common? What can I do to stop it?

I've been at 00g for about 1 1/2 months.
RadMom

by Beccaiscool » Mon May 23, 2016 5:03 pm

This is common but what I would do is massaging your ears with oils of your choice which ever works best for your ears but invest into some nice jajoba oil or vitamin e oil etc. So this is common yes and the way to help it is to wear the same sized plugs and let them sit in for a while longer. Try wearing the same plugs for a month or two and then go and get the same sized plugs and try them out. your ear needs more resting time and it is bound to happen at those sizes, your ear isnt that stretchy. your ear is thinking you want to downsize and it just needs time all this needs time. I hope this helped!
Beccaiscool

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion