Stretching Problem

Discuss all things ear stretching

by cRANIUM » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:53 pm

Okay, so i've always inspired to stretch my ears and get them to a decent size so about 6 months ago i started, got myself up to about a 2 gauge and decided to go for my 0 gauge stretched... my ears weren't at their greatest but me being silly i decided to stretch... I lubed it up and started pushing.. it was painful but the gauge went through, i thought it was successful but after further inspecting my ear it was bleeding.. i seem to have tore some skin..

I took the stretched out and went back down to my old size.. left the stretching about 2 months.. throughout the whole 2 months my ear was swollen, what was understandable... i waited another month and still swollen.. i decided to drop a size and see if it would help and my hole did shrink but the swelling stayed... it wasn't like a visible swelling but it felt swollen when rubbing my fingers against my ear.. i dropped another 2 sizes and i was down to a 8 gauge at this point.. waited a month and no luck! swelling was still there... trying to stretch back up was impossible without feeling the tearing pain again..

I then took my stretchers out and now they've healed back down to original needle size... i put a piercing in them yesterday and it went in smoothly... but even though i haven't had a stretcher in my ear for about 2 months now it still feels swollen! like somethings in there... is this normal? I've asked my family and they just said it's dry blood or something like that

Anyone got any advice?

TL;DR - fucked up stretch...felt swollen after a bit - took stretchers out and now still feels swollen after 6 months.
cRANIUM

by PLUG+STRETCH » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:34 am

Hi cRANIUM,

From what you've described, it sounds like you've had a blowout and it didn't heal properly so now you have scar tissue build up in the area where the tear was.

Does it look visibly swollen? If it looks visibly swollen with a red ring of raw flesh even though it does not feel raw then it's a blowout that has healed in a bad way. There won't be anything you can do to get rid of the visual I'm afraid.

You did mention that your ears have carried on feeling a tearing pain. This could be because of the scar tissue, because scar tissue has A LOT LESS elasticity compared to healthy skin. However, it could also mean your ears has not fully healed either. (I am only assuming because you mentioned your family saying there is dry blood) Are your ears still leaking fluids?

You'll need to post a photo of your ears for us to get a better idea of what you are dealing with.
PLUG+STRETCH

by cRANIUM » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:34 pm

I've had them out for quite a while now and they're no longer leaking/smelly.

For the first few months i'd still have the cheese smell when rubbing them between my fingers but now thats gone.

When i push my lobe, where my piercing used to be a little red circle comes out with it, this may be the scar tissue but it's red?

I heard you said i can't do anything about the visual..

Does this mean i can't stretch again or will it just be painful?
cRANIUM

by PLUG+STRETCH » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:19 am

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Was super busy last week.

Yes, the red circle that comes out when you push it is scar tissue. The texture of it looks slightly smoother than normal skin right? You won't be able to get rid of it completely, but give it a long LONG time and it will improve slightly. You can always use Jojoba oil (the yellow kind not clear) daily to fasten the process a bit.

The cheese smell you're talking about would be what most people call ear funk. It's just dead skin build up which is normal. You'll get more in summer and after fresh stretches when your ears are healing.

You can still stretch, but you won't be able to stretch to a large size compared the the average person. However, everyone is different and so some people with no scar tissue will never pass a certain size without a lot of difficulty. It will be more painful because of the scar tissue now, and it's safe to say you will have to take more time in between stretches as well.

Give Jojoba oil a go, it may help preparing your ears for a stretch. You only need to use a little bit everyday and simply massage it in for a few minutes. You don't need to wash it off, just leave it on. A lot of our customers tell us it quickens the healing time for them. I use it myself during winter when it gets dry.
PLUG+STRETCH

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion