I'm at 5/8". Now what?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by shawneebaloney » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:06 am

I really want to get to an inch. And this "lobe expert" keeps telling me to use teflon tape and weighted jewelry. My excuses for not follwing through with those plans are: Teflon tape hurts like a bitch when it's sliding in; and I have yet to find weights at 5/8".
And I know for a fact that in-between sizes are out there (i.e. 11/16", 13/16", & 15/16") because I've heard people talk about them. But I have yet to find these alleged in-between sizes.
My question then is, has anyone actually seen them and where can I purchase them?
shawneebaloney

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:17 am

Bodyartforms.com and bodyjewelleryshop.com have a lot of in-between sizes. So do Glasswear Studios (but they're reeeeally expensive)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Uraniumhobo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:10 am

you dont want to stretch with weights, it causes uneven pressure and added stress to one point (the bottme) of the lobes, which can cause thinning, lose of circulation, and ruin your lobe, when you wrap with ptfe tape, do you use anu olive oil at all to lube and help it slide in?
3'' lobes, 5/8'' outer helixes, 7/16'' conches, 00g nipples, 7/16th'' septum, 1'' lip, 5/8'' nostrils, tongue bifurcation, head split and subincision, chest and hand brandings, lots of ink
Uraniumhobo

by leighmarie » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:01 am

Uraniumhobo wrote:you dont want to stretch with weights, it causes uneven pressure and added stress to one point (the bottom) of the lobes, which can cause thinning, lose of circulation, and ruin your lobe

+1
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by Boffey » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:27 pm

Yeah, i tried taping without using any lubricant a while ago and i found it worryingly hard to take the taped jewellery out. If you put some kind of lubricating oil on, it should be fine.
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

by Starfire » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Does wearing a weight through a tunnel cause uneven pressure? I used to hook masterlocks through my steel tunnels sometimes to put a little weight onto my ears. It seems like if you wore a tunnel, the weight would be a little more evenly distributed.

Don't try this until someone more experienced puts in their two cents.
Starfire

by Uraniumhobo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:07 am

as long as you dont overdue it, a little weight is okay through a tunnel but too much will just give you a larger area to damage, maybe couple of washers or something but other then that id just let time do its thing
3'' lobes, 5/8'' outer helixes, 7/16'' conches, 00g nipples, 7/16th'' septum, 1'' lip, 5/8'' nostrils, tongue bifurcation, head split and subincision, chest and hand brandings, lots of ink
Uraniumhobo

by TOFU » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:12 am

Teflon tape have to go with lube to make wonders :D
TOFU

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion