To tell or not to tell..

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Smoottie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:01 pm

I hope this is the correct section for this post..

So, unfortunately, I still live with my parents and they don't know anything about my stretched ears. I started stretching when I was 16 and never asked for permission, because I knew I wouldn't get it. Now I really want to tell them about it, because it's a part of me, and I guess I just want them to actually know me a 100% and accept me as who I am and not as who they think I am.
However, I don't think it would go down too well. We've had fights over things as innocent as dying my hair and getting extra ear piercings, I don't even want to imagine how they'd react to my stretched lobes... We have a history of constantly fighting but we seem to have established some kind of truce at the moment. I wouldn't want to end the peace, but on the other hand, I don't like lying to them..
So enough of my sob story, any opinions?

Is it a bad idea to tell them, knowing that they'll make a scene? Should I wait until I've moved out or should I just keep it a secret until either they or I die?
Any experiences with this kind of thing?
Smoottie

by Dowa2bp » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:12 pm

In my opinion they will find out regardless,of If you tell them or not. Via accident or you forget your ear is showing yada yada. Just tell them and let them in easy :D
Have:
4g Left Lobe - 9.5 Right Lobe

Want:
I Think 10mm or 11mm
(Stopping at 11mm)
Dowa2bp

by akPhilly » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:05 am

I think it depends on how much good you think will come out of it, & also, how much longer you'll be in the house. By the way you're talking, it sounds like you're not far from being out of the house soon anyway. Then again, that's not always a guarantee of anything & can still cause problems, like if say you're in college & your parents are paying the bill. But your parents may surprise you. I'm assuming that they're not really huge, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten away w/hiding them for this long. So if they're really not that big & noticeable, & they've been there for that long, your parents may decide it's not so bad, or that it's not worth fighting about. Parents can be a pain,but they don't like fighting either, & sometimes they'll decide that it just isn't worth disrupting the peace. I stretched my ears the first time when I was about 15/16, & didn't tell my parents either,but they finally did notice when I got to about a 6g or so. Back in the 90s, body jewelry was extremely limited & expensive, & I think I'd have been able to hide it longer, but all that was available in my price range was clear acrylic no flares,so had it been something else they probably wouldn't have noticed. But much to my surprise, they didn't yell, tell me to take them out, or even seem all that angry. I think that whatever they'd thought about stretched ears, now that it was right in front of them, they saw that it wasn't that big of a deal, plus they were small. And they never told me I wasn't allowed to do it, & I didn't pierce anything, so I didn't really go against them in any way. I'm assuming they weren't crazy about them, but it was already done, & I think they just didn't think it was worth a fight or any drama. So you may find something similar happens with you. But it's hard to say, as I obviously don't know your parents, & some freak out, even knowing they'll likely shrink back. So it's up to you, but I think you should just weigh out the pros & cons of telling them & go from there. Good Luck!
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion