Dermal Punch - update

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Big Chicken » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Hello!

So, I got my lobe punched. Not the most pleasant experience I've ever had. In terms of pain, it wasn't too bad, but there was, and continues to be, lots of blood. I had it done a couple of hours ago and it's just started pouring again. Nasty. Hopefully it'll stop bleeding and clog up properly quickly.

Got punched at 8mm and have a 10mm plug in. Feel a bit like a big cheat. I know this isn't a stretched lobe in the traditional sense. I'm kinda excited though as my goal size was 00g, although I might leave it for a good 6 months or so and see what 1/2" looks like but we'll see. For now I think I'm going to concentrate on stopping the bleeding!!

Be cool to know what you guys thought?
Big Chicken

by AceWitThaLobes » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:24 pm

honestly not a big punch fan because of the trauma to the ear, but i think ur pretty brave lol. im sure u can stretch tho, ive heard of tons of ppl who punched and stretch further. it might be a bit harder b/c the punch might just make another scar to stretch thru...

but i dont think u would be any worse off than if u had just stretched what u had to begin with. ur probably in pretty good shape :D best of luck!!
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:20 am

The bad thing about punches for lobes is that they take out tissue that will be valuable to you if you decide to go bigger. Punches are good for cartilage because the stretching process is so difficult, but for lobes that are easy to stretch there's really no need. I guess if it's your goal size it's not that big of a deal, and going to 1/2" should be fine, but if you ever want to go any bigger you might have some thinning.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:41 pm

Not a fan of punching. you run into major thinning problems down the road if you go bigger. And to me punching is the kind of fast rushed way to wear plugs i call it the American way! Lol.. Got to have it now mind set. It kind of takes out the spiritual ritual out of the stretching experience. Anyway i wish you luck with it tho i hear the healing process after getting punched can be bad.
DarkCustom13

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion