POLL: Would you/Have you let your kids stretch their ears?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by akPhilly » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:59 pm

LOL, I'd wondered about that-like I said, it may never even be an issue for me since mine are stretched,& kids often don't want to wear what their parents are wearing, or they don't think it's as cool if it's what their parents do. But yeah,that's why I picked 00g if they're under 18,so incase they change their minds it'll shrink back.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by deviantxy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:46 am

I think I would wait until my kid was sixteen before they could get anything more than a regular ear piercing. I don't think I would want my kid to go over 2g until they were eighteen. I'm a girl but I didn't get my ears pierced till I was sixteen and I didn't start stretching until I was eighteen. I know from twelve to fifteen I probably would have done something stupid. At sixteen I started really thinking things more and at eighteen I feel old in my thoughts. Every action causes a reaction no matter how small that action is.

Most shops here will pierce lobes if your eight years or older with a parent there. They will not pierce over 10g until your eighteen. Though some of the shops have a strict sixteen or older for everything.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by AceWitThaLobes » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:24 pm

if my kids were old enough to understand the implications of doing it and also pay for the materials with a job, id let them do it. i saw a youtube video of a 10 year old stretching his ears...i think that might be a bit young. at 10 years old i wanted anything i thought was cool but at 24 years old, im glad i didnt do anything permanent to myself at 10.
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by Smoottie » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:31 pm

The way I see it, is that if you're doing it yourself, you can't tell your kids that they're not allowed to do it. That's why parents who smoke never have any success with getting their kids to stay away from it if their kids want to smoke.
So if I had a kid who wanted to stretch a piercing, I'd let them do it, but they'd have to have a certain age. As some people have mentioned already, doing things to your body, that may be permanent, isn't a good idea at a young age. But when they'd turned 16, I'd just say 'go for it!' and I'd of course make sure that they took proper care of the piercing and wore proper jewellery :)
Smoottie

Previous

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion