Is it ok to go back & forth by 1mm?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by akPhilly » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:23 am

There's a pair of plugs I really,really have been wanting,& when I'd ordered them in my size,I got an email saying that they were out of my size,& wouldn't have any more :( .And I've looked elsewhere for the same style,& can't find it anywhere except the original site I'd seen them on. I'm currently at 13mm, & I'd noticed that they do have them in 14mm. I'd really had no intention of stretching up any more,& I've recently invested in starting a collection in my current size. So what I'm wondering is,will I be able to go back & forth between 13 & 14mm? I wrapped a pair of my plugs a mm larger,& they seemed to pop right in.But am I going to have trouble now with my 13mm plugs falling out? I'm especially concerned about my Kaos earskins staying in-since they're flexible,I'm afraid they won't fit properly anymore if I do this.Or,single flared styles won't fall through the hole,will they?It is only 1mm,but at the same time,it seems to be the difference of a size.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by mouse2cat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:08 pm

What are the plugs you are wanting? Often you can find the same jewelry on multiple sites or it is just a matter of time before it gets back in stock. Personally I wouldn't risk stretching beyond my goal size.
mouse2cat

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:14 am

I think it would be okay, especially if the plugs are single-flare and you're not wearing them for days at a time, sleeping in them, etc.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:52 am

Oh,I've looked EVERYWHERE else for these plugs. I'd originally seen them on painful pleasures,& they're not anything custom,or expensive,or anything like that. So the only other place that I saw them on was this little site I've never heard of,& I have a feeling they just order them through PP,& then sell them for a higher price.Because they had alot of styles I've only seen on PP,& under the pair I want it said 'these are special order,please allow 8wks for delivery'.I mean,why would they need to special order these?So that's what leads me to believe that they're just getting them from there.
But I figured that people wear double flares,which kind of stretches you out,& it's only 1mm.And my current size varies by a mm anyway depending on brand.So I might give them a try,& just do that,wear them for a little while.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion