Can anyone stretch to the really big sizes?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by akPhilly » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:03 am

I've always wondered if everyone can stretch to sizes that are multiple inches. I'm not planning to myself, but I'm just curious-since everyone's ears are different sizes/thickness to begin with, does everyone have enough earlobe to go that big? Like I've noticed that often times, I'll see more guys with really big sizes than girls. I mean,like 2+ inches. I've seen girls go that big,just not as often. Is that because generally guys will have bigger earlobes to start?
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:05 pm

I think it really depends on how big your earlobes are naturally and how you take care of them. Some people with naturally thin/attached earlobes can go to really big sizes if they go slowly and do lots of oil massages, while some people with naturally thick lobes will stretch too fast and not be able to go very big because of thinning, scar tissue, etc. Plus some people just don't really care if their ears start getting thin and will keep stretching anyway, so it varies a lot from person to person.
I think the reason you don't see as many girls with huge lobes is because some people don't think it's "feminine" to have big stretches, which is kind of ridiculous. I have really thick earlobes naturally, so I could probably go as big as I wanted. 1/2" is my maximum size for a while, though. If I get a teaching job with 1/2" lobes I might go to 5/8" someday.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:46 am

Yeah,I would think it would have to vary;I don't have very large or thick earlobes to begin with, so I think for me anyway, no matter how slow or how carefully I did it, they just wouldn't stretch to multiple inches. Doesn't matter anyway-I'm planning to stay where I'm at,but it still made me curious about it.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion