When did the whole taping method start?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by akPhilly » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:01 pm

At one point a few months ago,I'd used bondage tape to increase my size.I got to wondering today when did people started doing that-using various tapes to go up.Back in the 90s,when I did this the first time,it wasn't something I'd ever heard of,& this time around,I had to google it,because I'd see tape on different sites,or hear about it,& I'd wondered how in the world one would possibly use tape to stretch their ears (when I found out,it was like,duh!Was so obvious & simple,yet I would have never figured it out).Back then,people just bought every size plug,which got expensive,plus the plugs were more expensive on top of everything.And there were no kits w/every size taper for $10-you were lucky if you ever found a taper,& usually places would have maybe one in a 0g,which you can't really use unless you're close to a 0g(Kind of interesting too that you also never heard the term 'blowout' back then-I had to google that too.No one really ever go blowouts because like I said,no taper kits,no taping & no one could afford to stretch too fast).So when did taping really start-I'm sure someone had thought of it back then,but I didn't know of one single person who had done it or thought to do it-& I knew alot of people w/stretched ears.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by Evlesoa » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:04 am

The taping method started when someone was smart enough to realize: shit, tapers no longer work. Lolz.
Evlesoa

by akPhilly » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 am

Yeah,that's basically why I eventually used it-deadstretching works for me alot of the time if it's a glass plug,but for certain sizes that have bigger differences bet. them,eventually I found tapers too difficult to use.Because I'm just not very steady handed,& they'd usually slip out before I was finished getting the plug all the way through,even the concave ones.Taping is easier,but it'd have been nice to have known about it back then.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by Evlesoa » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:29 pm

Dead stretching can always work if you have the appropriate size. For example, I could put in 26mm right now, even though I've had 25mm in for two weeks or so weeks (probably 3, to be honest). I could do it because my other plugs are 26mm to put in, but 25mm at middle.

Anyway, while this works, it's not very effective I think. It could work, but wasteful and takes longer than tape. Most people don't do beyond like 0g or 00g, or 000g (12mm or so?) with tapers (and those are pretty damn big tapers). Tapers are for lower sizes due to the smaller increases and the level of elasticity that one has is higher, too. 4mm to 6mm or 6 to 8 is possible (which is like a 30% jump in size). Doesn't work like that at higher sizes, though. The bigger you go, the less of % jump you can make.
Evlesoa

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion