Tear perhaps?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by DumSpiroSpero » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:38 am

Not really sure what happened, but earlier tonight I noticed one of my ears was slightly red and also slightly sore which seemed strange because my last stretch was about a month and a half ago. I took out my plug to investigate and noticed a small amount of what looked like dry blood or puss. I looked inside my fistula and saw what looks like could be a very small scrape or cut. Not sure what to make of it. I'm not sure weather I should downsize or if I should just wait it out. Does anyone have an opinion?
DumSpiroSpero

by mouse2cat » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:04 pm

In a situation like that it is a really good idea to downsize.
mouse2cat

by Evlesoa » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:49 am

Yeah, I'll tell you what you should do from personal experience. Also what was said above is correct.

After about 1 month of stretching from 19mm to 25mm (yes, 1 month was enough for me to do it safely), I ended up getting a scratch which looked a little bit like fatty tissue / blood and plasma (the yellowish liquid that is found in blood). The scratch was caused by the tape I was using. Now it was totally painless, but I knew how I got it: when I put in the newly-taped plug, I noticed that my ear was scratched by the sharpness. I ignored it at first, but noticed it was getting bigger and bigger.

Because it was painless, I then understand how people end up ripping their ears in half--you just don't feel the stretching ripping your ear! I didn't panic, but I got a little creeped out about it. So, depending on how much pressure is on your ear (which is at least some), I had to downsize from 24mm to 19mm (base size of plug). After 2 weeks of waiting, I decided to restretch. I noticed putting tape every day was a bad idea--it was best to just double the tape and do it every other day instead. This way, you avoid the putting in, taking out and ending up with a scratch.

How do you know when your ear is OK? When the scar tissue dissolves. First, your ear will heal, and then it will form a hard bump-like tissue growth of a scar. At that point, massage it every day until it becomes almost nothing. Stretch again, and it should go away with time.

At 1 inch right now, and ears are perfectly fine with no thinning or any issues or wrinkling. My ears are also quite loose at this point, so the 1 inch plugs (even the double-flare organics that I wear) slide right in. I usually sleep with organics, or go naked for 5-6 hours a day after I come home (or just sleep without them sometimes). I don't really like putting plugs in the morning because I have to stretch my ears with my hands a little and I don't have the 2 minutes to spare when I'm always running late in the morning for school, but it's whatever. Your ears don't actually "downsize" during sleep, they just tighten due to increased blood flow. 5mm to 25mm in 3 months. It's doable. Just have to be careful. In any case, these issues can happen to anyone, no matter how slow you go. Bottom line: take off all the pressure you can on your ear in order for it to heal but not close. If you don't, you'll be in trouble.
Evlesoa

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion