When did dermal punching & scalpeling start?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by akPhilly » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:51 am

Back when I was in high school,I can remember a friend of mine had said he was going to get his ears 'gauged'(Back then,people didn't use the word 'gauges' or 'gauging' as slang or improper terminology for stretching-I haven't heard that til later years,people just didn't say that back then for whatever reason).And what he meant by that was he was going to go from having nothing to a pretty decent size all at once.Even though that still is not a correct term for what he was referring to,we all seemed to know what he was trying to say.But anyway,he assumed that there was some way to do it,& assumed they'd use a scalpel or something.The next day at school,he came in with his ears pierced,but they were probably only by the looks of them a 12g or so.When we asked him what happened,& why they didn't give him bigger plugs or whatever,he said that they said they can't do that.Now,I grew up in the suburbs,so there were no piercing specialty shops,just tattoo places that did piercing too.And this was back in 1998.So my question is when they told him they can't do that,do you think maybe it was just the place he went to didn't do that,or had it not been 'invented' yet?Because he got the idea from somewhere-was anyone doing punches or scalpeling back in the 90s,or was this just something he assumed could be done?Because I can see where it would seem logical for that to be possible to a person-I mean,it is possible,but I'm just wondering if it was possible back then,in the sense where had it ever been done before anywhere back in 1998 or before.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by deviantxy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:13 am

You know I have always wondered the same thing. I was born in 94 but I have a good memory and I remember as a little girl growing up in Sacramento California there were some people with stretched ears. I never really even understood what they were but I knew it was something different. Course my parents regarded them as freaks and quickly drug me away but yeah. I've always wondered where that started.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by akPhilly » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:41 am

Yeah,I guess it'd be hard to know who stretched the usual way & who if any got a dermal punch or scalpeling,if it was done back then,unless you basically went up to every single person & asked them.I'd never thought to ask anyone back in the 90s,& just assumed that they just stretched the normal way.The thought of someone having their ear cut instead of stretching it didn't even occur to me until my friend said he wanted to do it,but since it didn't happen,I wonder if anyone had done it at that point.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion