Will these be OK for me to wear?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by akPhilly » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:49 pm

There's a style of tunnels I've had my eye on for a long time on this one site,but I don't know if they're going to be ok for me to wear.Everyone seems to think that 1/2" is a 1/2",& whether its 12,12.5,or 13mm,that it's all the same.But to me it's not;if you hold up any two sizes that differ by 1mm,in my opinion,there's definitely a visible difference.So my size is 13mm,& these tunnels I've been wanting only come up to 12mm.So my concern is that they'll not only make my holes look smaller,but also that they won't stay in.I don't think that it'd be to the point where the front flare would go through my ear or anything,it's sizable enough.I know this may sound silly over 1mm,but also,if I ever decide to go to 9/16" one day,I don't want them to shrink & lose that mm-it'd be easier if I didn't.But the ones I want are http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... uctID=7448
If they were more of the regular double flare I'd definitely get them,but these look like they just have a little lip on them more so than a flare.I could always use an o-ring,but still,I just want them to stay in place & not make my holes look smaller.Think they'll be alright? :?
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by aBn » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:20 pm

i think they would be fine. they are double flare but the front flare is bigger to show the design more kinda like a mayan flare but not as extreme so i think they would stay in place fine. they will make your hole look smaller because they are 1mm smaller and they are glass which is usually thicker for tunnels then steel. as for your hole shrinking, i dont think it will be a problem if you dont wear them for long periods of time. and if they do you could always just put in a heavier plug and it should loosen them up enough to put your 13mm back in. im at 7/16 but i wear my df hematite plugs sometimes that are 9.5mm 00g and i can always put my 7/16 back in with no problem but hematite is pretty heavy. if you do get them let me know how they work out for you. :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by mouse2cat » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:30 pm

^^this... Honestly it can only be good for your ears to have a pair of slightly smaller plugs although if you wear them a long time your ears may shrink a little. I just wouldn't wear them dancing if they are prone to falling out.
mouse2cat

by akPhilly » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:26 am

LOL,well,I'm not intending to go dancing anytime in the near future.But I guess I can just use an o-ring.I only made one very brief attempt at double flares,& they were more the saddle kind that were equal on both sides,& they didn't seem to want to go it,so I didn't push it.But the reviewers said that these are easy to get in even w/the flare because it's small.I just wish they'd make them in at least a 12.5 or something,dammit :D !I've actually considered going to a 9/16" just because of this issue you find w/some sizes,how they vary-I wish all the plug manufacturers could just agree on one specif mm amount for each size.But I'm happy where I'm at,& it's not all that hard to find 13mm plugs,so I don't think I'd really go up just on account of the size variation thing.But I may try these,I think if I'm remembering right they're like around $20 or so,so it's not like they're that expensive-with BAF's site once you break that seal you can't send something back,but if for some reason they didn't work out,it's not like I'd be out that much.And glass ones are easy enough to sell.They're just so pretty & I've been eyeing them for so long,I should just risk the $20 & give em a try :)
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion