What do I need to know about naturally stretching

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Capricorn10 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:45 am

Basically just what do I need to do to care for my ears if I'm going to be stretching this way, with out tapers or forcing anything.

So far I've been taking them out while I sleep and massaging them a couple times a day with or without vitamin E oil.

I pretty much just started, so I'm only at 16g right now. also my right ear is a bit thin/less meatier. Anything I should do about that?

Do I need to do salt soaks? I heard that was kinda optional really.
Is using lotion occasionally bad for massaging or using it to slide jewelery in?

Anything else I should know? Its kinda a lot of questions, sorry.
Capricorn10

by aBn » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:14 am

Naturally stretching your lobes is easier with bigger sizes because you can wear heavier plugs to help, your best bet is to wait 6-8 weeks between stretches untill you can fit the next size in with no pain or resistance and if it does hurt you need to wait longer.i think tapers are ok for the smaller sizes if you use them the right way and never force them thru or wear them, they are meant just to help you get the next size jewelry in. doing oil massages twice a day with emu, jojoba or vitamin e oil will help keep your lobes healthy and easier to stretch. sea salt soaks help alot if your lobes are irritated or you are having other issues like a tear or swelling. if you have any more questions there are alot of people here who will help just ask. GOOD LUCK :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:56 am

^ Agreed. Do lots of oil massages and leave plenty of time between sizes. I haven't used tapers since about 4G, but I don't count down the weeks between sizes or anything. I just get a variety of jewelry in every size, wear it for a while, and then decide if I want to go bigger so I usually end up staying at each size for at least a few months. In my opinion people who stretch shouldn't be so focused on their goal size. It's easier to be patient and wait long enough if you just take some time to get used to your ears at each size.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by mouse2cat » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:32 pm

At 16g it is probably not an issue with thinness because you haven't been stretching long enough to really encounter that problem. Probably it is more of an issue of poor placement. A lot of people will let their piercing close up and get re-pierced at a larger size. Although pictures would help.
mouse2cat

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion