How does the sizing run on Kaos softwear?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by akPhilly » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:31 pm

I bought some generic silicone earskins,& you'd think by now I'd have learned to stop messing w/them & just cough up the $20 for Kaos.And I didn't like them for a few reasons,but on of which I've noticed that on generic brands,I've found that the sizing for silicone runs small.They seem to be at least 1-2mm too small by my measurement.I know that 1/2"many places is considered 12mmm,while I'm more like 13mm,but these were barely 12,& closer to 11mm.I know I didn't receive 7/16" by mistake because the last time I'd ordered them in other sizes they just seemed to run small.Not to mention the flares seem too large,I wanted them to fit exactly like a second skin.So how's the sizing on Kaos?Is it pretty true to size?
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by crashtester009 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:05 pm

As far as my experiences are concerned, Kaos is true to size, I don't own a micrometer so I can't be 101% sure but I know my ears and Kaos fits like a glove. Better than the plugs I spent $30 on.
crashtester009

by akPhilly » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:14 am

Yeah,I actually just received a pair I'd ordered,& they're great!They do run true to size-according to the site,they say they're a true half inch at 12.7mm,& that's close enough to 13.They may even be more like 13mm,because they're very secure,& my regular plugs don't feel tight at all when I put them back in.But what a difference from the no-name cheap ones;they're so smooth,& the flare doesn't stick out like the generic ones,& they fit so perfectly.And,the generic ones make my ears itch for whatever reason-I was afraid the Kaos would too,but it doesn't make them itchy at all.I can't wait to get more of them! :D
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion