Combining Stretches?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Narci » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Hi,

My name is Narci and I am in need of some information.

I have 3 stretches per ear and recently upsized my first stretch. My second stretch is a 4g and because of the upsize it is kind of squished. There isn't enough room for it. Rather than downsize it I was thinking about combining it with the first stretch to make it larger and give it more room.

Has anyone ever scalpel-ed two stretches into one? What is the procedure like? How is it actually done? Is it worth doing?

I looked all over the place to find information on this and hit dead end after dead end. It would be lovely to have some help.

Cheers.
~Narci~
Narci

by Uraniumhobo » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:02 pm

ive done it a long time ago before i had my ears reconstructed and started over, basically its just cutting the tissue in between, not much too it but make sure you have someone whos skilled (by seeing your previous posts im sure you know the drill) then i think the best jewelry would be to wear some glass tunnels while it heals as i did and made it a lot easier, the only con of it i would say would be in the end theres a good chance you will have nubbins where the tissue ended, but if you have someone qualified enough that shouldnt be an issue, and its mostly an aesthetic problem, and not one that will pose any problems for stretching in the future
3'' lobes, 5/8'' outer helixes, 7/16'' conches, 00g nipples, 7/16th'' septum, 1'' lip, 5/8'' nostrils, tongue bifurcation, head split and subincision, chest and hand brandings, lots of ink
Uraniumhobo

by Narci » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:53 pm

Do you know if this is something you would get done at a piercing shop? Or is it considered a cosmetic procedure?

Also do you think that doing this would help keep my lobe from further thinning since there would be more space to work with? (My right first stretch is healthy but it isnt nearly as thick as I would prefer. I cannot seem to fix this, even when drastically downsizing and restretching.)
~Narci~
Narci

by Uraniumhobo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:26 am

all depends on local laws but its uncommon for ear scalpeling to be outlawed but good to double check, a well trained piercer/mod artist should be able to do it, if you feel the need to travel then that is always an option if you want it bad enough, its hard to say if it will decrease the thinning, but it could help with the pressure since it will have a more even distribution instead of more pressure coming from one side, if you dont already massage your lobes id get into the habit of doing it daily it will stimulate the cells and help promote collegen growth, and with downsizing ( it does take a while to get noticeable results) will improve the thickness of your lobes
3'' lobes, 5/8'' outer helixes, 7/16'' conches, 00g nipples, 7/16th'' septum, 1'' lip, 5/8'' nostrils, tongue bifurcation, head split and subincision, chest and hand brandings, lots of ink
Uraniumhobo

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion