Is it possible to be allergic to silicone?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by akPhilly » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:36 am

I have a pair of df silicone tunnels I wore for the 1st time today,other than to just try them on,I had them on pretty much most of the day,& I noticed I kept itching my ears.They weren't like,really itchy or anything,just mildly on & off.I didn't even really think about it til I caught myself reaching up to fiddle with them.My ears weren't dry or anything,I'd just put oil on them before I put them in,& when I took them out when I got home,my ears looked fine & all,but when I put my steel ones back in,I haven't touched them since.Do you think it's possible to have a mild allergy or something to them?They're not the Kaos ones,just a pair of inexpensive ones I got off the site I usually order from,so maybe the Kaos wouldn't cause that?I don't think this was just something in my head because when I put my steel ones back in,I sort of just forgot about it.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by deviantxy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:19 am

If they are the cheap ones it is very likely to have an allergic reaction to them. Its not the high grade silicone that brands like Kaos used.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by bradykay90 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:31 am

Actually. Im not alergic to silicone but I notice that when I would wear my kaos earskins. They would itch for an hour or 2 then it would go away. ????
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by akPhilly » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:46 pm

Yeah,these were just cheap ones,not Kaos,but if there's a chance Kaos may just do the same thing,I can live w/out them-I always buy something to have if I'm in the mood for a change,but I rarely am in the mood for a change,& just wanted to see how these worked.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by c0astalb0y » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:26 am

Same happens to me but mine actually get sore, they were fully healed at 10mm i put some silicons it and BAM! after 1hr they hurt to touch them.. i just tried silicon again in 14mm and same thing. once i put either UV, Sergicle Steel, stone, glass or wood in they stop hurting..
c0astalb0y

by aBn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:31 am

The only silicone i will wear is Kaos. its implant grade and its not expensive, u can get it online or even at hot topic. thats the only thing i will buy at hot topic and u can get 2 pairs for around 30 dollars since their body jewelry is always buy one get one half off :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by akPhilly » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:30 am

Well,either way,it's going to be awhile again before I wear silicone.I just went up to 7/16 last night,& although it went really smoothly,I like to wait a bit to wear silicone.And I'm planning to go up again in a month or two,& I probably wouldn't buy a pair of Kaos ones til I'm staying at a size,at least longer than a month or two.And like I said,I pretty much almost always stick to the same style,I think I just was more curious to see how they worked.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by deviantxy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:33 am

I highly recommend them once you get to your goal size because they are so comfortable. At least to me they are. My ears shrink allot if I take my jewelry out so even if I don't wear them in the day I sleep with them on and I have noticed my ear is thicker and happier.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by akPhilly » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:36 pm

I do want a pair of those clear ones-I'm planning to stop at a half inch,so I don't have much longer to go,another month or two.And I'm not sure,but just from appearance,the Kaos ones seem to look thinner than even the extra thin generic ones.I might try a pair,but I don't order anything til about a week or so before I plan to go up-too much of a temptation otherwise.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion