Is it safe to wear certain plugs if they're secondhand?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by akPhilly » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:15 am

I've seen it where people will sell their old plugs,& I have some old ones I wouldn't mind selling,but is it safe for someone else to wear my old ones?I'm not talking about my old acrylic tapers or silicone(that'd probably be totally gross!)I mean like my old glass ones.But I won't do it if it's not safe or they couldn't be properly sterilized.It's just that I'm one of those people who swore they'd stop at a 0,then once I was there for awhile,I decided to go to a 00.And now that I'm at 00,I'm planning to go to 7/16" in a couple weeks/month or so.And both times,I always order extra stuff,only to have to retire it in a month or two.I'm not putting a cap on it anymore,& not buying any extras til I'm 100% sure I'm stopping,or at least stopping for more than the 1-2 month waiting period.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:25 am

I don't have any problem buying plugs in any material from someone who I know stretched the right way, since stretching properly doesn't cause any open wounds. I even bought used wood plugs. I just never really give it any thought. As long as it's not going from one person's open wound to another person's it's fine. When you buy plugs from stores and online they're not sterile, they've probably been touched by quite a few people so to me it's pretty much the same thing.
When I sell my plugs I just wash them with some really hot water and antibacterial soap before I ship them.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by deviantxy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:59 am

I feel the same as Lindsay. I just wash them with hot water and antibacterial soap. I even bought some silicone earskins from her.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by akPhilly » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:22 am

Well,most of the ones I'd plan to sell are glass anyway-I do have a steel pair & silicone pair I never wore though because the company I ordered them from took so damn long for shipping that by the time they arrived,I didn't even need them anymore.And two of the glass pairs I have are in between sizes(7mm & 9mm),& I figured someone may find them useful.I don't think ebay would be the best place,people tend to want new when they buy from ebay,so I may try on here once I increase to 7/16.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:04 am

I actually sold a pair of plugs on Ebay for more than what I was asking on here... so it wouldn't hurt to try Ebay first. Glass plugs are usually the only used plugs I can get people to buy though.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:22 am

Yeah,I guess it's worth a try.I put up what I have so far,which isn't anything real unusual,but I thought it was worth a try & someone may find something in there useful,especially the 1g & 9mm glass ones I used for stretching cause they're in between sizes.I never really had a very big or diverse collection anyway-I just always tend to wear the same style & occasionally glass spirals,but figured it couldn't hurt to try.And I have these two pairs of glass spirals that are nothing too unusual,but very pretty that I'm going to be adding-I'm waiting on my 7/16" plugs I ordered,so very soon I won't be able to wear them anymore,& would rather someone enjoy them than have them sit in a box.I'm undecided if I will stop at 7/16 or 1/2,but as soon as I decide,I'm planning to get the same exact spirals in whatever size I decide to stop at because I liked them so well.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion