Is it safe to go from 00g to 1/2"?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by akPhilly » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:06 am

I've noticed that some styles of jewelry & some tapers seem to skip the 7/16 size.That being said,is it safe to go from a 00 to a 1/2,so long as your 00's are at 10mm?Because there's a 2mm difference from 2-0,so would this be much different?The reason I ask is because I'm at a 10mm 00,& it's a bit of a pain cause I'll see a style I like,only to find that their 00 is 9mm(I've complained about this many times before).So I was thinking that at least everyone seems to agree that 7/16 is 11mm,so maybe I'll just go up so it's not such a pain,but then,is it going to be more of a pain finding as much of a selection in 7/16?And since it's only a 1mm difference,I'm thinking at that point maybe it'd be easier to just go ahead & go up to a half.But I don't know how much of a difference in looks that's going to be,& looking at pictures doesn't help cause different people have different size ears.I wouldn't mind them being a bit bigger anyway,but if I did go to a 7/16,am I going to have a problem w/selection in that size?I have alot of time to decide,as I've only been at my current size for a small amount of time,but I like to order stuff ahead of time & be prepared-different places take different amounts of time to ship.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by aBn » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:21 am

i just stretched to 7/16 and i dont have a problem finding plugs and tunnels in that size. 1/2 can be anywhere between 12.5 and 13mm so i think 7/16 is an important size to go to because 2.5mm is to much of a jump at once :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:10 pm

7/16" is a common size. 2mm is really too big of a jump until you get into huge sizes. I know there's one between 2G-0G but there really shouldn't be. I never would've been able to make that stretch if I didn't go to 1G in between.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Oh,I didn't realize a half was usually 12.5-13mm.I was looking at it on a ruler & it's not easy sometimes to see those little lines,& looking at a chart doesn't always give me the best idea.I finally found a video where someone held up a 00 to a half side by side,& it's a pretty significant enough difference-I don't intend to go much larger & since you all are saying it won't be a problem w/jewelry selection,7/16 sounds like it'd be just the right size for me. :P And,I've never gone up 2+ mm at one time;even for when I was at a 2g,I found 1g plugs for transitioning to a 0.And as I've mentioned before,I went to a 9mm 00g first,then 10mm.So I'd probably have a hard time if I skipped,& I really don't want to use a taper that size.And I tried tape once,& didn't have good luck w/it-works great for some,but it irritated my ears horribly,& that was w/the proper tape at only like,one layer.So it probably won't be too much of a problem to put in 7/16 plugs after a couple months.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion