How long do i have to wait?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by pumaala » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:53 pm

I just got my ears pierced and I want to know how long I have to wait to stretch them to a 16g... since its not that much bigger or anything... should I wait for the hole to fully heal or is it not that big of a deal?
pumaala

by skylorlambert » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:50 am

Well if you would like your ears to heal up correctly in the long run it would be best to wait for your ears to fully heal up. But that's just my opinion. Personally I didn't wait for my ears to heal up, and stretched before they did, but that is also the unsafe way of stretching.
Currently Stretched At: 1-1/8in
Others: Snakebites, and both conchs.
Websites: Blog, Photography, Twitter, Facebook.
skylorlambert

by pumaala » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:48 pm

Yeah I'm too antsy to wait... I stretched to a 8g... it hurt like hell though! Cant wait to go bigger!
pumaala

by skylorlambert » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:51 am

Yeah, I was really antsy to wait too. That's how I got too an inch in no time at all... Haha.
skylorlambert

by eargaugeenthusiast » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:10 am

i got ma ears pierced and had them both to a 6g the same day..it hurt so bad but i got mine pierced with a 16g..n ma ears are completely fine
eargaugeenthusiast

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:33 am

Oh wow... I just joined this forum and I cannot believe the terrible advice people are giving!
You should wait 4-6 months after having your ears pierced before stretching. I got pierced at 10G, waited about 5 months and stretched to 8G with no pain at all. Wait the right amount of time and go up one size. I can't imagine how badly you all are going to mess up your ears by getting pierced and immediately stretching a million sizes all at once...
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by skylorlambert » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:49 am

Well considering I did not once say that he should go up fast, I did. It was my decision, and yes my ears are messed up. I've warned many people about scar tissue build up, and it causing problems in the long run with stretching. I really don't appreciate you downing others. We all have opinions no need to flaunt like you know it all.
skylorlambert

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:21 am

I'm not acting like I know it all 'cause I definitely don't, I just want to keep someone from making some pretty bad mistakes. Skipping sizes or stretching too soon causes things like blowouts, tears, and other nasty things so it's really imortant to wait and do things properly.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Tom » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:12 pm

Everyone's body for healing time is different. I usually wait 4-5 weeks b/w stretching. in the beginning everyone skips a few sizes, im guilty of it..I wanted to get to those 0G's and that would be the stopping point for a while.
4-5 months! well i deff did not wait that long lol, thats just being over cautious
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by Nic » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:46 am

lol i only waited 5 days between my stretches up till 0gauge now im waitin the longest i ever have, 3 weeks.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

Next