Taping method not working

Discuss all things ear stretching

by robbie106 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:01 pm

I've been using the taping method for the past couple weeks trying to go from 0g to 00g. I took it pretty slow with my bad ear (only got 3 wraps in that amount of time) and got about 7 in with my good ear. But the wrapped plugs started getting stuck in my ears and it would be really hard to get them out. I lubed up the part of the plug coming out of the ear so I could slid it out backwards but it took TONS of pushing and by the time I finally could get them out my ears would be inflamed, so I could not add a new layer. I was stuck at the same amount of wraps for days so I just took them off altogether. Is there a better way to go from going from 0 to 00? I don't really wanna order any 9mm stuff either. BTW I was using teflon tape. Thanks for any help!
robbie106

by aBn » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Try using bondage tape its alot better than ptfe in my opinion, and if it was to tight u needed to wait longer. wait 5 days before u try to add another layer and if its not loose in your ear by then wait even longer till they loosen up. btw 00g is either 9 or 10 mm so buying a pair of 9mm and letting your ears rest is a good idea if u are having problems. the only better way to do it is to let your ears naturally stretch by getting a pair of heavier plugs and waiting until you can fit the next size in with no resistance GOOD LUCK :twisted:
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by deviantxy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Same thing happens to me. Actually mine got so stuck it ripped out the inner layer of skin on one side. I agree with the above poster IF I were you I would see if you can't get some bondage tape and try that.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by sh4ky » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:14 am

+1 for bondage tape. I have used both it and PFTE and much prefer bondage tape. And I have successfully used it for the stretch you are trying to do only about three weeks ago
Clever got me this far, then tricky got me in

Piercings:
Left lobe- 00g first hole, 2g second hole
Right lobe- 0g
Right helix rim- 14g x3 around top
Right brow- 14g x 2
And others ;-) retired
sh4ky

by akPhilly » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:33 am

Well,at least I know I'm not the only one this happened too! When I was going from a 0 to a 00,I tried it & it was super hard to put in,but even harder to take out.I think that teflon tape just creates friction;when I FINALLY got the damn plug out,there was a little pink on the tape,so I freaked out,as my ears have never bled.And I didn't try going up too much too soon;this was with like,one layer around the plug,& that stuff is so thin that I don't even know that it even really changed the size.Many people have great luck w/it,but I sure didn't.Maybe the bondage tape is more slippery or something,but after that,I'm too afraid to even try it.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by mouse2cat » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Are you oiling the tape before you put it in? I have heard that the PTFE tape can be dry out your ear and you need to oil to the point that the tape becomes clear.

Mind you, I find the tape feels really weird as well and have had issues with it scrunching around on the plug. But that may be because 8g is too small to tape.
mouse2cat

by akPhilly » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:42 pm

I oiled mine & didn't seem to help,but I had a bit of trouble w/the scrunching issue.I'm just going to stick to the glass plugs I normally use,I never go more than 1mm at a time,& they seem to slide in pretty easily after a shower.

-just tried bondage tape,works much better!It's way more slippery than ptfe tape,heavier,& doesn't seem to scrunch.Popped right in!The guy at the piercing place near me suggested it-said he didn't have good luck w/the ptfe tape at all,but told me bondage tape is better,& he seems to be right :D
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion