Getting stretched by a pro & how do they do it?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by akPhilly » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:17 pm

Back when I was at a 2g,I'd noticed that there was a bigger jump to 0,so I decided maybe it'd be easier if I found 1g plugs.I looked everywhere (except here,didn't know about this site at the time)and couldn't find 1g jewelry or tapers,so I went to a place near me that specializes only in piercing & stretching because they had them.So when I bought them,the guy asked me if I was looking to get stretched,& I said yes,but when I told him I'd only been at a 2g for a month,he said they won't do it unless you've been at your current size for at least 6-8 wks.So I figured I'd buy the jewelry myself & try,& if I had problems,go back in a couple weeks.When I'd asked him if I tried it myself & didn't have a 1g taper,how it would go in not being pointed,& he said that if you need a taper,it's not ready to be stretched & that they don't use tapers at all there.I didn't think to ask at the time,but now I'm really curious,how the heck do they do it then?And I ended up getting to a 0 and 00 on my own,so I didn't get to find out then either.This place has a really good reputation & is very by-the-book,but I really wished I'd asked at the time.So how do they do it then?
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:45 pm

If your ears are loosened up you can usually just put the plugs right in instead of using a taper (also known as "dead stretching.") That's how I've stretched since 2G.

I don't think people should get stretched by piercers (they can't feel your pain so they'll usually just force it in if you're not ready) and I usually don't think people should take your advice but it sounds like that piercer is very knowledgeable. A piercer who knows a lot about stretching is a RARE find so I would definitely encourage going back there for any stretching advice in the future.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:18 pm

The best stretcher is yourself. I would never let anybody stretch my ears cause they cant gauge or feel your pain. Ive talked too a couple piercers about stretching and concluded they are better at piercing. Because some of the advise i got was bad. One piercer told be he could stretch to 4g and then right after quick push threw a 2g taper. Uh can you say blow out! If you found a piercer that knows his stuff about stretching that's a good find!
DarkCustom13

by akPhilly » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:10 am

Yeah,like I said,they're very by the book there,so if I were to get stretched by anyone but myself,that's the only place I'd consider going.But it's funny what you all are saying about no matter how knowledgeable,they can't feel your pain-after about a 2g,I kept saying that from that point on,I was going to leave it to a professional to do,& then for the 0 I ended up doing it myself,& said to myself afterwards,'I don't know if I could've taken having another person doing it' because sometimes I might have to rest for a second,& I'm sure you can tell them to give you a moment if you need it,but I would think for me anyway,I'd be way less likely to because I know they're working & I'd feel I was taking up too much time,or I'd figure it'd be over w/sooner if I didn't.And then for my 00 stretch,I said the same,that this time I seriously was going to have them do it,but when I went,it was only 45 min.til close,& it was crowded,so they couldn't fit me in(plus,their piercing rooms look like a doctor's office so maybe it takes time to clean after each client) so I bought the plugs & figured if I couldn't do it or had trouble,I'd just go the next day.And when I put them in,I said the same thing to myself,that I don't know if i would've been able to take it.Maybe that's why they want you to wait 6-8 wks when most people say 4,so your ears are stretchier.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

by DarkCustom13 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:35 am

Even if i found some one that could stretch my ears with No problems i still would do it myself. When i stretch i do it slow 30 min each ear lobe. I don't have to cause my ears are always ready after 5 weeks but i do it for a super slow and healthy stretch so i know i will have no problems or tears. Even at only 4g my holes are perfect and round with No cat butt effect or anything and i contribute it to that. Not just waiting the right amount of time between stretching but also stretching slow too. And there ain't No piercer who's going to take there time and stretch 30 minutes on each lobe. That's my way and how i do it and it works great for me so i ain't fixing something that isn't broke. I really think you also have more of a chance of getting a blow out when you let someone else do it.
DarkCustom13

by akPhilly » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:53 am

Yeah,like I said,I've never had them do it for me,so I don't know,but I can't imagine they'd take that much time w/you!I've never timed myself so I don't know how long it takes me,but like I said,sometimes I need to take a moment to rest when I do it-I see these kids on Youtube that'll just jam a taper through their ears really fast,or force it when it doesn't want to go & their ear bleeds,& they act as if it's perfectly normal.Unless I'm wrong & it is,but mine have never actually bled.Sometimes I've found that w/me anyway,if I take just a moment & not force anything that that's all my ears really need & when I go back,they seem,I dunno,stretchier,or it's just easier somehow.But I haven't gotten into trying double flared plugs yet-for that,I may go there & have them insert them for me-they don't really charge for that kind of thing(but I would think they'd accept a tip),cause I've seen videos about doing it & I'm not sure I'd be able to do it on my own.They didn't have those kind back the first time I did this.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos

akPhilly

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion