Having a bit of a problem.....

Discuss all things ear stretching

by akPhilly » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:46 pm

I decided to increase my size up to a 00g,and purchased a pair of 00g plugs at a body piercing shop.I'm starting to notice now that w/that particular size,there seems to be more of a variation of what's considered 00.Though it mostly seems to be considered 10mm for the most part,I've noticed that some charts & some manufacturers make them anywhere from 9 or 9.5 or 10.I measured the plugs I bought at the shop,& they seemed to be a hair over 9mm,maybe closer to 9.5mm.Maybe that's why they slid in so easily when I put them in.So I ordered a 00g pair of single flair steel tunnels,which is usually what I wear most of the time,but they are 10mm,so I couldn't get them in.It's not much of a difference,but they wouldn't budge.So I tried using a 00g taper to help them in,but still couldn't get them in-I measured the taper and it's just a hair under 10mm.This is very aggravating-I'm afraid if I order a different taper I'll just keep having the same problem w/the size being a hair over or under.What would be the best thing to do-should I use tape?Thanks!
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:07 pm

I treated 00G like two separate sizes. I made sure the first plugs I got were 9mm and left those in for a couple months, then I started wearing 10mm plugs. I just dead stretch, meaning I put the bigger plugs in without tape or tapers, but I'm sure you can find a 10mm taper if you need one. Try shopping online rather than going to stores, because stuff online is more likely to be labelled. Bodyartforms.com is a good place to look, and bodyjewelleryshop.com is good because it's not American so everything is labelled in millimeters, not gauges.

After you stretch to 10mm you should be able to go back and forth between 00G jewelry of all sizes. That's what I did but I'm now staying at 10mm so I can get to 7/16". I've found that *most* 00G stuff that isn't labelled is closer to 10mm.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by akPhilly » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks,that's a good idea-those sites sound familiar,I'm pretty sure I've browsed through them before.I was thinking of ordering one from Cocobul because like I said,I prefer to wear just plain,single flared steel tunnels most of the time,& I usually order from them because it only takes 2 days to get your order,& I know from past orders that the one taper they have matched the size of the tunnels I usually get,but you never know.It'd probably be safer if I do what you suggested & go to a site that lists their stuff in mm instead of gauges.
AkPhilly,
Philadelphia,PA
3/4" (19mm) earlobes
14g industrial
12g tongue
7 tattoos
retired septum (though considering resurrecting it :),monroe,navel

WANT: both conchs,& microdermal,& more tattoos!
akPhilly

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:22 pm

I almost forgot, there's also crazy-factory.com which lists their jewelry in mm. They and bodyjewelleryshop.com are probably the best if you're looking for plain steel tunnels and tapers with mm measurements. Body Art Forms lists mm with some things but since it's American it's usually just in gauges.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion