size of plugs that the pictures start looking good?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Ok my goal is to stretch to 00g but there is a chance that i might just end up stretching to 7/16. Main reason is the bigger the plug the better it looks as far as pictures and images on the plugs especially on the wood plugs! And if im going to spend my money i want to be able to see the picture on my jewelery. So would 7/16 be better in that aspect or are most 00g plugs pretty clear picture wise? I don't think i would go any bigger just cause i have small lobes well there are 3/4 of an inch from top of the lobe to the bottom! Don't know if that's small or not but they seem it!
DarkCustom13

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:36 pm

I think it depends entirely on the style of the plug. Some will look good at 2G while others might not look good until about 5/8". I'd say with 7/16" most plugs with images will be pretty clear.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Ya from what ive seen it seems like 7/16 is a good bet as far as pictures on plugs go. Especially when it come to wood. Acrylic seems to have pretty clear pictures on 0g and bigger. I agree it does depend on the plug it self and material. But there are alot of wood plugs that i like and it seems at the minimum 00g is the smallest for the pics to look good. I mostly do online shopping for my plugs because there is not a big selection locally except Hot topic and spencers which i try to avoid there jewelry.. Thats why i was asking and its hard to see what they look like i specific sizes online.
DarkCustom13

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:24 pm

Yeah, I'm the same way. Body Art Forms is pretty much the only place I buy jewelry. I really want to get some of the wooden plugs with pictures from Omerica but they're soooo expensive! Honestly some of the 7/16" plugs I've bought so far still seem small, so I think I'm going to go to 1/2" before I expand my collection any more.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:10 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Yeah, I'm the same way. Body Art Forms is pretty much the only place I buy jewelry. I really want to get some of the wooden plugs with pictures from Omerica but they're soooo expensive! Honestly some of the 7/16" plugs I've bought so far still seem small, so I think I'm going to go to 1/2" before I expand my collection any more.

LOL.. Dont be telling me that.. Here i was thinking that 7/16 would be a good size with out getting to crazy. You will be making want to go bigger too! Ya i havent seen any wood 7/16 in person thats what makes it so hard. I also order from bodyartforms and Kings. Ya there are some Omerica Plugs i like too but dont know if i can see myself spending that kind of cash on little pieces of wood! I gotta not let myself get to far ahead of thinking tho since im only going to be stretching to 4g next week. Still got a long way to go yet.
DarkCustom13

by bradykay90 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:41 am

I'm currently at 00g and I'm thanking about going to a 7/16 or 1/2" now since I'm at 00g it just seems so small lol srry I know I'm noy helping you any
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by DarkCustom13 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:17 am

bradykay90 wrote:I'm currently at 00g and I'm thanking about going to a 7/16 or 1/2" now since I'm at 00g it just seems so small lol sorry I know I'm not helping you any

Ya that's what im afraid of.. Once i get to 00g it wont be big enough that's why i think im gonna go to 7/16. Actually i know i am. I hope that's big enough. I don't really want to go any bigger but if i would i know that 1/2 inch is the limit for me!
DarkCustom13

by Evlesoa » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:24 pm

I'm almost at 11/16ths, and I can say at 1/2 it looks good great. It's very noticeable.

Also, I prefer to buy my jewelry from PainfulPleasures. Good selection, cheap, and cheap shipping for me since I'm buying internationally. But eh, that's just me. Anyway, 1/2 inch is the way to go.
Evlesoa

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:21 pm

Was it you that posted the picture saying 2G looked small in your ears? Sorry, I get people mixed up because there are several on here now with usernames that start with D. :P If that was you, my lobes are the same way. I thought 00G would look big enough for sure but it just doesn't... it still looks like I'm wearing "normal" earrings sometimes when I wear solid plugs. That's why I decided to go to 1/2", I actually want my ears to look stretched!
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:05 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Was it you that posted the picture saying 2G looked small in your ears? Sorry, I get people mixed up because there are several on here now with usernames that start with D. :P If that was you, my lobes are the same way. I thought 00G would look big enough for sure but it just doesn't... it still looks like I'm wearing "normal" earrings sometimes when I wear solid plugs. That's why I decided to go to 1/2", I actually want my ears to look stretched!

No that was not me.. But i do have small lobes so its not that i dont think 00g will not look good cause it probably will. But i also want the plugs to look good as well and be able to see the pics on them. Thats why im going to 7/16. Obviously if i go even bigger it will be even better in that regard but i think 7/16 will look huge in my ears. My lobes from top to bottom measure 3/4 of an inch so their not tiny but deff not big. I think different sizes look good on different people depending on how big their lobes are and there facial features as well. Like me 7/16 will probably look big bit on some one else they will look small.
DarkCustom13

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion