Unusual situation (w/pic), story - update

Discuss all things ear stretching

by Evlesoa » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:45 pm

So, people said I was effing my ears up, so I'm here to update on my progress.

My ears are at 16mm, up from about 8mm or so. It has been exactly one month from last time. Oh, and for those who didn't read the other topic: my ears originally were punched at 4g / 2g, rather than stretched from like 18g or w/e people do nowadays.

So, let me show you what my ears look like. I have been babying them with GG's Stretching Balm (great stuff, imo) and have been taping them non-stop, once a day (the tape is much thicker than the regular white PTFE kind, since it only takes about 3 or 4 revolutions to get 1mm). I am about to change to a new plug (since this one is double the size) and then I'll go from 16mm to 19mm, then change at 25mm (final size, as previously stated in the other post).

Take a look at these two pics. As said, I listened to my body, and have had no pain in stretching. No discomfort, blood, blowouts, or anything. My ears don't look nor feel like they are thinning. Perfectly healthy. And the tape I use is a super slippery PTFE kind that I bought here in Taiwan--locally.

Evlesoa

by bradykay90 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Yea looks good other then what looks to be an old blow out
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by Evlesoa » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:26 pm

This looks like a blow out to you, does it? Well then, I would like to know what an ear without ever having a blow out looks like.

Here's the back of my lobe.

Evlesoa

by bradykay90 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Look at the 1st pic and ull see what I'm talking about. It looks like a blow out.
bradykay90

by Evlesoa » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:53 pm

bradykay90 wrote:Look at the 1st pic and ull see what I'm talking about. It looks like a blow out.

Oh, the first pic? Hmm. It looks a little strange. I think I see what you mean. I think might be because of the shadow? :?

Who the hell puts their plugs in from the back anyway? Good way to get a frontal blowout.
Evlesoa

by mouse2cat » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:26 pm

So let me make sure I am following you here. You are stretching with tape, one layer a day stretching 8mm in one month? That is way too fast to be healthy. It doesn't look like you have a blowout but your fistula is bright pink and looks inflamed.

Your body needs time to build new tissue (collagen) as you stretch otherwise you will encounter thinning, uneven stretching and a loss of healthy elasticity in your lobes. Blow outs are not the only side effect of stretching too fast. And often these effects are not visible right away.

For the taping method it is generally recommended that you let your ear rest at each size, for about 3 months before you tape to the next size. Also I don't know how long you let your ears heal from the initial pierce before you started stretching.

It's no skin off my back if you damage yourself. But take your time.
mouse2cat

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:34 pm

^ Agreed. Your lobe looks quite wrinkled and pink, which is most likely scar tissue. There also appears to be a thinner spot on the side that, while it's not too thin now, will most likely become a problem if you don't give your ears a break. Taping is not meant to be done continuously, you need to stop at each size.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Evlesoa » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:54 am

Bright pink / white is right. This is, according to several friends (4 of them), quite normal and healthy. Also the wrinkles have ALWAYS been there, even after 4 months of getting it dermal punched and not stretching. I have a pic of it somewhere. It just healed that way. Those wrinkles go away though, if I let my ear rest for about 30 mins (it visually shrinks and then looks relaxed). Secondly, I've been taking pics of my lobe to see if there's any thinning. No difference as far as I see. And it may look a bit thin, but that's only because that was dermal punched at 2g, while the other at 4g. There's a considerable difference in the 1mm skin, and quite noticeable, too. Also, my lobe is naturally thinner (width) than my right due to that difference when I had them dermal punched. I know someone who stretches about 10mm in a month almost. In fact, he made a vid about it. He started stretching after about a month after initial piercing. I started after about almost 4 months.

Take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3uzG47c ... B8770F9E01

By the way, he HAS stretched for 45mm without a problem. He stretches about 5mm every week and a half.

Also, I don't really want to argue about it... but, I'm still curious how do you know that your ears are not healthy, and who said you should wait 3 months? Is this some sort of standard created by some random people? Why not just wait a whole year between sizes? It seems that people only do what they are told, and not do what they think feels right. Obviously pain is an indicator. If there's no pain, why not go ahead and stretch away? I've never seen or met a person who stretches without pain and has issues--that's just odd.

If you want to compare, this ear lobe looks thinner than mine: http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/5 ... _think.jpg

At the bottom, looks like it's thinning, but we all know (I hope) that stretching isn't about thinning--it's really about growing new tissue. Therefore, you shouldn't lose what you have already. Thin spots won't become thinner if you don't hurt yourself.
Evlesoa

by bradykay90 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:11 am

He has thinning on the bottom of his lobes 2nd there shouldnt be any pain if its done right 3rd hell there is no 3rd I agree with u if u have no pain then stretch but if ur putting yourself thru pain that means your ears are not ready and that's how thinning starts. It oisses me off when people want to stretch fast and fuck uo there ears because "its how it is done" fuck that if u want to have fucked up ears be my damn guest.
bradykay90

by Evlesoa » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 am

bradykay90 wrote:He has thinning on the bottom of his lobes 2nd there shouldnt be any pain if its done right 3rd hell there is no 3rd I agree with u if u have no pain then stretch but if ur putting yourself thru pain that means your ears are not ready and that's how thinning starts. It oisses me off when people want to stretch fast and fuck uo there ears because "its how it is done" fuck that if u want to have fucked up ears be my damn guest.

Yes, he has thinning from the start, but when he stretched to 1 3/4ths, his lobes are just dandy. I just put in new plugs. Looks great. I hope you will agree that my ears don't look fucked up below.

Here's 43mm taping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmaVNtUY ... B8770F9E01

And, to prove that this is not scar tissue that I have but just natural wrinkles, look at this. This girl has been naked for a day, and has wrinkles. It's normal. My ear doesn't have cat-butt because it's not sore, not painful, and doesn't bother at all... in fact, my ear has less wrinkles than her!: http://forums.bodyartforms.com/showthre ... post603610

Here it is:
Evlesoa

Next

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion