Advice please?

Discuss all things ear stretching

by hanbanana124 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:26 pm

I need some advice. I've had my ears stretched to 12g for a week with no problems. I decided to change out my metal plugs for acrylic plugs, and within an hour, my ears were all irritated. I changed back to the metal plugs, and cleaned the acrylic ones, and put them back in a day later when my ears didnt hurt. When I put them back in, I left them in for the day, and when I took them out, my ear was red and pussy. I cleaned my ear out with the same ear cleaning stuff I used to use when my earrings would get infected when I was little, and changed back to the metal plugs, and I now have no problems. My ears when I was little would reject some types of earrings. Does it sound like my ears are rejecting the acrylic, or am I doing something wrong?
[color=#0040FF]"Life waits for no one" - Unknown
Hey everyone!
Have:
0g lobes
2nd lobe piercing
nostril piercing

Want:
Septum piercing
hanbanana124

by ViolentJayne » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:45 pm

sounds like you are having a reaction to the acrylic . Some people such as myself can wear acrylic for weeks ( regular cleaning routine of course ) with no prob at all , where as some people have an almost instant bad reaction to it - its almost an allergy .
If I were you Id stick to steel titanium or glass and when you get a bit bigger you can experiment with organics and see how they do in your ears . If you have this much trouble with acrylic Id steer clear of silicone too just to be on the safe side
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by bradykay90 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:36 pm

My ears do it with silicone will not exactly what urs are doing. When I put my earskins in. For about an hour my lobes itch like crazy but they only bother me for an hour. But yea you are diffently haveing a reaction to acrylic
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by hanbanana124 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:08 am

Thank you both, I'll steer clear of acrylics from now on :)
You guys just saved me from having more problems
[color=#0040FF]"Life waits for no one" - Unknown
Hey everyone!
Have:
0g lobes
2nd lobe piercing
nostril piercing

Want:
Septum piercing
hanbanana124

by bradykay90 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:31 am

hanbanana124 wrote:Thank you both, I'll steer clear of acrylics from now on :)
You guys just saved me from having more problems

Idk how old u are but. As u get older your body changes. And reacts different to stuff. It suck for u as of now cause I luv wearing my acrylic plugs stainless and other metals can get heavy at bigger sizes. Anyways your welcomr
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion