Stretching 2g to 0g

Discuss all things ear stretching

by ViolentJayne » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:52 pm

you need to wait 6-8 weeks regardless of the jump . Even if its a 1mm jump 2 mm jump or even half a mm the wait time is the same . When you stretch it makes gaps in the collagen cells in your skin , and it takes 6-8 weeks for your body to produce new cells to fill in the gaps ( this is wear the extra ear tissue comes from ) if you stretch to soon your body doesnt have time to make new collagen , and thats how you get thin lobes with week spots ( and weeks and thin spots can get worse over time even after you have reached your goal size . You may find that you can make it to 00ga or half inch what ever your goal is - but once you sit there at your goal for 6 months or so you will probably start seeing the collagen issue catch up to you . stretching should not hurt not at all not even a little . it should feel no different than just changing one size plug for another of the same size . If it hurts wait longer till you can go to the next size with no pain and very little if any resistance ... good luck and slow down ... its not a race and your lobes will be with you forever , you have plenty of time so there is no need to rush to your goal size
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by Ellen_Pineapple » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:29 pm

ViolentJayne wrote:you need to wait 6-8 weeks regardless of the jump . Even if its a 1mm jump 2 mm jump or even half a mm the wait time is the same . When you stretch it makes gaps in the collagen cells in your skin , and it takes 6-8 weeks for your body to produce new cells to fill in the gaps ( this is wear the extra ear tissue comes from ) if you stretch to soon your body doesnt have time to make new collagen , and thats how you get thin lobes with week spots ( and weeks and thin spots can get worse over time even after you have reached your goal size . You may find that you can make it to 00ga or half inch what ever your goal is - but once you sit there at your goal for 6 months or so you will probably start seeing the collagen issue catch up to you . stretching should not hurt not at all not even a little . it should feel no different than just changing one size plug for another of the same size . If it hurts wait longer till you can go to the next size with no pain and very little if any resistance ... good luck and slow down ... its not a race and your lobes will be with you forever , you have plenty of time so there is no need to rush to your goal size

My goal size is 0g so if I went up say within the next 2 weeks that would be a problem for and ears? And what about them now, because I the maximum I've waited so far is a week and a half so do I have collagen issues now and will they continue to get worse? If so do I need to wait longer before I can go up to an 0g?

The main reason I wanted to do it quickly was that my friend gave me a clear 0g plug, and I have school in 2 weeks and they don't allow anything but clear plugs/tunnels, and to save me some money instead of buying a clear plug in a 2g but if its going to cause me problems with my ears I might aswell wait :)
Ellen

Have
Both lobes pierced
Right stretched 10mm
Industrial right ear
Reverse lobe left ear

Want
Labret
2nd lobe both ears
Gill
Ellen_Pineapple

by aBn » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:17 pm

so the longest u have waited between stretches is a week and a half and you are at 2g? to be completly honest u have prob damaged your ears quite a bit already. i would tell u to downsize and do oil massages and sea salt soaks to try help repair the damage and wait 6 weeks between stretches. 2-0 is a big stretch like everyone is saying, dont use a taper at that size its alot better for your ears if you slowly tape up your plugs using ptfe or bondage tape. i know you are in a hurry but you dont want to tear up your ears. Google blowouts and ripped and torn ears so you can see the risks you are taking
HAVE:_ 5/8 "16mm" Lobes and 1 Tattoo__WANT:_2 full sleeves
aBn

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:21 pm

I agree, and if you refuse to downsize at least stay at 2G for a few/several months to let your ears relax a bit! Don't focus so much on your goal size.

You should really consider going to 1G when the time comes, and there are actually clear 1G plugs on bodyjewelleryshop.com. I have a pair of these: http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online ... 009515.cfm They're not invisible but with some clear o-rings they'd be pretty discreet.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Ellen_Pineapple » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:00 pm

aBn wrote:so the longest u have waited between stretches is a week and a half and you are at 2g? to be completly honest u have prob damaged your ears quite a bit already. i would tell u to downsize and do oil massages and sea salt soaks to try help repair the damage and wait 6 weeks between stretches. 2-0 is a big stretch like everyone is saying, dont use a taper at that size its alot better for your ears if you slowly tape up your plugs using ptfe or bondage tape. i know you are in a hurry but you dont want to tear up your ears. Google blowouts and ripped and torn ears so you can see the risks you are taking

Yeah I've seen blowouts my friend had loads of them, my I have been doing sea salt soaks and oil massages twice a day, but it is still kind of red and raw, but would I be able to put the tape on a spiral taper? Because that the only taper I've got in a 2g
Ellen

Have
Both lobes pierced
Right stretched 10mm
Industrial right ear
Reverse lobe left ear

Want
Labret
2nd lobe both ears
Gill
Ellen_Pineapple

by Ellen_Pineapple » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:10 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:I agree, and if you refuse to downsize at least stay at 2G for a few/several months to let your ears relax a bit! Don't focus so much on your goal size.

You should really consider going to 1G when the time comes, and there are actually clear 1G plugs on bodyjewelleryshop.com. I have a pair of these: http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online ... 009515.cfm They're not invisible but with some clear o-rings they'd be pretty discreet.

Okay cheers :) can you buy 1g in shops, or only online?
Ellen

Have
Both lobes pierced
Right stretched 10mm
Industrial right ear
Reverse lobe left ear

Want
Labret
2nd lobe both ears
Gill
Ellen_Pineapple

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:44 am

Usually only online, which is pretty silly because in my opinion it's such an important size. There might be a handful of piercing studios out there that sell it but it's a rare find.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Ellen_Pineapple » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:45 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Usually only online, which is pretty silly because in my opinion it's such an important size. There might be a handful of piercing studios out there that sell it but it's a rare find.

Yeah my main problem with going to 1g is that they can't be found in shops. The main two shops I go to don't do anything in 1g, and since my parents don't agree with me stretching they're not gonna buy me a 1g taper because they don't like it... So I think the best thing for me to do is to stay at a 2g for a few months and then stretch up to 0g, but thanks everyone for the advice :)
Ellen

Have
Both lobes pierced
Right stretched 10mm
Industrial right ear
Reverse lobe left ear

Want
Labret
2nd lobe both ears
Gill
Ellen_Pineapple

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:07 am

If you're gonna make the 2G-0G jump you might wanna try taping with PTFE/teflon tape (usually sold as plumber's tape or threading tape). You can get it at a hardware store for around 99 cents.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by Ellen_Pineapple » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:26 am

corazon_de_oro wrote:If you're gonna make the 2G-0G jump you might wanna try taping with PTFE/teflon tape (usually sold as plumber's tape or threading tape). You can get it at a hardware store for around 99 cents.

Okay cheers I'll do that then :)
Ellen

Have
Both lobes pierced
Right stretched 10mm
Industrial right ear
Reverse lobe left ear

Want
Labret
2nd lobe both ears
Gill
Ellen_Pineapple