Stretching 2g to 0g

Discuss all things ear stretching

by DarkCustom13 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:15 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:I agree, and if you refuse to downsize at least stay at 2G for a few/several months to let your ears relax a bit! Don't focus so much on your goal size.

You should really consider going to 1G when the time comes, and there are actually clear 1G plugs on bodyjewelleryshop.com. I have a pair of these: http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online ... 009515.cfm They're not invisible but with some clear o-rings they'd be pretty discreet.

They look like acrylic.. I wouldn't use those plugs when stretching your ears will grow on them! Acrylic is very bad to use when stretching.
DarkCustom13

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Oops, yeah I forgot to add don't stretch with those. I wasn't even thinking about that.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Ellen_Pineapple » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:45 pm

What's wrong with stretching with acrylic? Because I've been using acrylics to stretch my ears
Ellen

Have
Both lobes pierced
Right stretched 10mm
Industrial right ear
Reverse lobe left ear

Want
Labret
2nd lobe both ears
Gill
Ellen_Pineapple

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:31 pm

It's just not a very skin-friendly material. It's very porous which makes it a good home for bacteria. Also, a lot of people with sensitive skin get itchy if they wear acrylic for too long. Some people are fine with it but it's still not the best thing to stretch with. I've heard a lot of people say it releases toxins into the skin but I'm not sure how true that is.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:54 am

Yes and because it is porous when wearing them in a fresh stretch your skin can grow and bind to the acrylic plug! Acrylic is only recommended to wear in ears that have been healed for at least 3 months. And even then some people just cant wear them. there ears get all irritated. also depending on how and wear they are made there have been quality issues with toxins leaking into the skin and so forth! You really should not ever put them in a fresh stretch for all those reasons and more!
DarkCustom13

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:30 am

Three months is a bit much TBH. I mean, maybe if it's a new piercing or if you have problems with a stretch, but a stretch typically doesn't need to "heal" like a new piercing does if it's done correctly. Stretching shouldn't create open wounds.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by DarkCustom13 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:48 am

Ya i just dont trust acrylic! Once i get to my size of 00g its going to be at least 3 months before i would ever think of putting acrylic in my ears.. Especially with so much stuff being made in china and the quality control issues that country always has popping up. Also with wood i would want to know that my ears are ready and healthy for that too. Yes 3 months is probably over kill probably be fine after 1 month after the stretch but i feel 3 months is a good rule of thumb to go by for the general population considering the majority doesn't even stretch right in the first place. There is very few people that wait the right amount of time between stretches it seems to be a hurry up and rush thing to do especially with young people. 3 months would be good for those folks.
DarkCustom13

by Ellen_Pineapple » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Oh right, I've been using an acrylic tunnel since I stretched to a 1g and it feels and looks fine but to be honest I've only recently started stretching my ear, so I wouldn't know what to look for if my ear started reacting to the acrylic :P
Ellen

Have
Both lobes pierced
Right stretched 10mm
Industrial right ear
Reverse lobe left ear

Want
Labret
2nd lobe both ears
Gill
Ellen_Pineapple

by bradykay90 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:29 am

Ull know if your ear reacts to it. It will get swollen well puffy and red it will possible itch like crazy if you leave it in yiur ear will most likely become infected which we all know isn't fun some people don't have any problem with acrylic "like me" I've used it from 12g all the way to 00g with no problem but I consently play and spin my jewerly. Just an old habit I picked up from my first pinnas piercing.
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by Ellen_Pineapple » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:48 pm

bradykay90 wrote:Ull know if your ear reacts to it. It will get swollen well puffy and red it will possible itch like crazy if you leave it in yiur ear will most likely become infected which we all know isn't fun some people don't have any problem with acrylic "like me" I've used it from 12g all the way to 00g with no problem but I consently play and spin my jewerly. Just an old habit I picked up from my first pinnas piercing.

I think I'm the same as you, I've been using acrylic from 12g to 2g and nothing like the puffiness or itching that you mention has happened, but to be fair I've haven't really left them in long enough to notice anything...
Ellen

Have
Both lobes pierced
Right stretched 10mm
Industrial right ear
Reverse lobe left ear

Want
Labret
2nd lobe both ears
Gill
Ellen_Pineapple

Previous