Point of no return

Discuss all things ear stretching

by hanbanana124 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:56 am

I was wondering at what gauge is the point of no return. I've heard everything from 4g to 0g, and that it depends on the person. The only reason I ask this, is because my dad said that I cannot exceed this until I grow up and live by my own rules...
[color=#0040FF]"Life waits for no one" - Unknown
Hey everyone!
Have:
0g lobes
2nd lobe piercing
nostril piercing

Want:
Septum piercing
hanbanana124

by bradykay90 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:09 pm

It depeneds on who it is some can get back from 1/2" and some can't get back from a 2g some 1 else can shed some light on the subject better then me
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:35 pm

^ What he said. It definitely just depends on the person. My piercer told me about someone whose lobes shrank from 5/8" to 14G, but there are people who could stretch to 6G and not be able to downsize. It can also depend on how carefully you stretched (healthy lobes are easier to shrink than scar tissue) and how long you leave your plugs in. If you have them in for years they probably won't shrink as much as someone who only had them for a few months. Basically, before you stretch you should at least be comfortable with the possibility that they might be permanent.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion