Problems stretching from 14g to 12g

Discuss all things ear stretching

by hanbanana124 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:00 am

Hi, I've already stretched one ear to a 14g (lets call this ear 1) and the other was already at that size (ear 2). Now I want to go up to a 12g, and I'm having problems getting ear 1 to stretch. Ear 2 didn't need to be stretched to 14g, and the 12g taper went in pretty easily. I've tried lots of different things to try and make it easier, but nothing has worked...
Do I need to wait longer, or is something wrong with my ear?
( sorry if that was kind of confusing... Oh, and I've had the 14g plugs in for about a month now)
[color=#0040FF]"Life waits for no one" - Unknown
Hey everyone!
Have:
0g lobes
2nd lobe piercing
nostril piercing

Want:
Septum piercing
hanbanana124

by CoyotesGirl » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Don't irritate it, don't force, if you feel pain stop. Have you been doing vitamin e rubs at all or sea salt soaks? Some people find that using a water-based lube helps get a sticky taper through, but if you feel pain, please stop. The folks here are extremely helpful, I'm sure you'll find all the answers you need.
PS Some people find it easier to stretch after a nice hot shower.
It's not my turn for the brain today.
CoyotesGirl

Location: Near enough to the Gateway Arch to call it St. Louis

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:22 pm

A month isn't very long. Your ears really need about 6-8 weeks between sizes to be ready to stretch, and you might even need to wait longer. I know some of my stretches have taken three months. Just wait, it will go in when it's ready.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by hanbanana124 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:05 am

Thank you both so much! I actually found out that the taper I was using wasn't the greatest ( it was an acrylic taper, bad choice on my part). I ended up buying metal tapers and they went in no problem at all. Never again am I getting acrylic tapers (my fault).
[color=#0040FF]"Life waits for no one" - Unknown
Hey everyone!
Have:
0g lobes
2nd lobe piercing
nostril piercing

Want:
Septum piercing
hanbanana124

by bradykay90 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Acrylic is actually safe to stretch with just not safe to wear in fresh stretches
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion