do people stare at you too??

Discuss all things ear stretching

by AceWitThaLobes » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:38 pm

so ive been stretching for about 8 years and when i started i was about 19, i wore them at a 00 for a year or so then kept going. now that im at much larger sizes (around 5/8 to 1") im noticing that im getting alot of looks. I live in a small city and there is not alot of heavy body mod around here. riding the bus and just going out in general i get alot more stares and looks and questions. mostly the classic "does that hurt, and how u do it?" type of thing. Im not the only person ive seen with stretched lobes but i have the biggest ive seen so far
i just answer the questions the best i can and let it ride. the looks can be kinda invasive sometimes... like one lady leaned really close in to my face and once or twice ive had ppl touch my ears...which is pretty strange. this ever happen to u guys? im not saying it bothers me alot cuz iver 8 years ive gotten used to it but now that im at an inch its elasticated dramatically.
1" lobes
tongue pierced, and dermal implant under left eye
retired belly button, septum, nostril, madison, nipples, 4 cartilage, labret, dimples
AceWitThaLobes

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:43 pm

That would really bug me. I hate drawing attention to myself so I keep my lobes and piercings pretty discreet... the only time I've had anyone even notice my lobes is when I've worn my hair up at work and co-workers pointed them out and said they liked them. But I say more power to people like you who have them visible at all times. That's the only way society will get used to seeing it!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Dowa2bp » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Wow, I Kinda Know That Feel But Not To That Extent. Usually People Give Me A Quick Glare But I'm Not At Those Bigger Noticeable Sizes Yet So I Rarely Get Drama Over My Ears.

From Far Away It Looks Like A Normal Piercing Or Something :P
Have:
4g Left Lobe - 9.5 Right Lobe

Want:
I Think 10mm or 11mm
(Stopping at 11mm)
Dowa2bp

by bradykay90 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:32 pm

People look and ask me about mine all the time im.currently at 10mm "00g" i can say im prolly going to change my goal size ive became addicted lol but idk
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by ViolentJayne » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:11 pm

AceWitThaLobes wrote: once or twice ive had ppl touch my ears...which is pretty strange. this ever happen to u guys? [/color]

My lobes are only 4 ga so I havent had alot of comments .. But I am heavily Tattooed and I know exactly what you mean about people touching you ... people seem to think its perfectly ok to walk up and start rubbing on My arm and trying to twist it all around to look at parts of My sleeve ( even had people scratch at Me to "make sure its real") ... and Ive even had people actually grab Me ( quite roughly ) by the wrist as I walked passed them .. I usually dont let it bother Me , and I try to take it as a compliment but it is an invasion of personal space when people touch ..... but I think the worst is when creepy older Men notice My tongue ring when talking , and try and ask Me to stick out My tongue so they can see it - THAT TOTALLY FREEKS ME OUT ,and I wont do it lol
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by deviantxy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:13 pm

I personally don't get stared at because I'm at such a small size and don't have any other mods but my brother does. Mostly because of his tattoos but his 2g ears get some attention too. He has a Chinese sleeve tattoo on his arm in multiple colors, Chinese Hanzi on his neck saying his name in black and red, a wizard holding a flaming basketball on his other shoulder, a flaming scull on his ribs that says "Death smiles at us all, all we can do is smile back" and Arizona on the back of one of his calves in grunge graffiti type lettering. I don't know about you but none of that screams run away to me but people still stare and sometimes pull their children closer when he walks by. It's both sad and funny at the same time in my opinion. That people are so quick to judge. Then you have the other people like some of you have said that will go out of their way to come up and grab him to inspect his ink.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by bubblegum » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:20 am

I know what you mean as far as getting judged. Im only at a 12g but just the looks i get from some people i know are just plain weird. I have one friend that continuously looks closely at my lobe to see if its bigger! It took me 1 month to get my parents to stop judgingg me and saying its disgusting and i had to sit them down and give them the whole walkthrough of stretching. I usually hide mine anyways, even if they are only 12g ive made it a habit

If youre showing yours off, more power to ya! People need to stop freeking out and judging people over things like piercings and tattoos. Its naive and ignorant.
bubblegum

by bradykay90 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:37 am

bubblegum wrote:I know what you mean as far as getting judged. Im only at a 12g but just the looks i get from some people i know are just plain weird. I have one friend that continuously looks closely at my lobe to see if its bigger! It took me 1 month to get my parents to stop judgingg me and saying its disgusting and i had to sit them down and give them the whole walkthrough of stretching. I usually hide mine anyways, even if they are only 12g ive made it a habit

If youre showing yours off, more power to ya! People need to stop freeking out and judging people over things like piercings and tattoos. Its naive and ignorant.

So true. I dnt care what people thank i show them off if the judge me then o well im me and nobody can do me only me myself and i can do me
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion