Freshly Pierced Gauge Question

Discuss all things ear stretching

by BDMJ » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:24 pm

What type of jewelry is best for a freshly pierced gauged earlobe?

I got my ear punched at a 6g last month and at first I put in a metal screw tunnel and that stayed in until last week but when I took it out to change it I noticed it had a lot of crude/skin around the inside screw. I next put in a metal single flared tunnel and all was fine until one night while sleeping on it, the flare end got pushed into the hole and it bled when I pushed it out. I put back the screw tunnel atm because at least I don't have to worry about it being pushed in. I need to know what type of jewelry is best because I don't want to keep changing it out. I need something that stays relatively clean and has no chance of coming out or being pushed in for that matter.
BDMJ

by KAISERROLLS » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:36 pm

You shouldnt even be changing out your jewelry yet. wait at least 2 months if not 3, and 8ish before you stretch fyi, to be safe. That crude skin is just it healing and dead skin coming off, all normal and nothing to worry about. To keep your SF stuff from doing that push the o ring as far back as it can go on the wearable area. I would go with a glass or metal SF plug. not a tunnel or a double flare.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by deviantxy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:32 am

If you really want to wear the SF you can also put another O ring on the flare side before you go to bed then take it off when you get up. I do that because I only have SF tunnels and the flare always ends up in my ear if I sleep in them. Which as you already know is quite painful especially when the flares are the sharp stainless ones I use.
Have______________________
Lobes 00G (9mm)

Want______________________
1/2in Lobes
16g-14g Snakebites
deviantxy

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:36 am

Try some single-flare glass plugs. The flares are big and they're nice and smooth so they won't go in your ears in the first place, and if they did they wouldn't cut you. Gorilla Glass and Glasswear Studios make the best ones; you can find them on bodyartforms.com.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by KAISERROLLS » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:13 am

deviantxy wrote:If you really want to wear the SF you can also put another O ring on the flare side before you go to bed then take it off when you get up. I do that because I only have SF tunnels and the flare always ends up in my ear if I sleep in them. Which as you already know is quite painful especially when the flares are the sharp stainless ones I use.

Not saying your wrong but if he did just get pierced last month, I do not think that it would be a good idea to do that every night.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by BDMJ » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:19 am

No I'm not doing that every night. The I've left the screw tunnel in for a month and decided to change to the single flared tunnel until it got pushed into my ear when I was sleeping so I went back to the screw. I was just worried because I need something I can keep in and not have to worry too much about cleaning it. I don't know if there was dead skin or soap residue on the inside of the screw when I changed it out. I can't keep taking it out to clean every night like you said.
BDMJ

by KAISERROLLS » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:32 am

Like me and lindsay have posted a glass single flared plug would be the best option for you. The screw on isn't exactly bad though, seeing as you can screw off one side and clean it then push it forward a bit and clean the other.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by bradykay90 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:54 am

deviantxy wrote:If you really want to wear the SF you can also put another O ring on the flare side before you go to bed then take it off when you get up. I do that because I only have SF tunnels and the flare always ends up in my ear if I sleep in them. Which as you already know is quite painful especially when the flares are the sharp stainless ones I use.

This is y im against sleepin in flaird tunnels
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

Return to Ear Stretching Discussion